Options

Fantastic Fan stuff

csonnicsonni Member Posts: 353

Was checking out our new TAG today and see a little piece of black plastic or electrical tape up in the fan blade. How do those screens come off? I hesitate to pull too hard on it. There appears to be no other way than pulling it straight off.

Comments

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229
    edited March 2021

Here is how: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r754TNdAqvE.

I recommend replacing with a Maxxfan Deluxe. One of the best upgrades I’ve done.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

It is a little scary to pull off, but it should come off. But I woukd suggest that you weight for warm weather of get it in a heated garrage. I know that warm weather might be more like may for you guys up there, but it is plastic and could be fragile on cold weather. Or if you can heat-up the trailer enough so the plastic is not cold then you wouod be good to go.

And now that you bring this up, the screens are not nosee hum proof. You might want to search for tge screen socks. I made wrap around socks wity no see hum and also use a piece to cover the vent screen. Some went with velco, but not my choice.

For my own taste, velcro is fine, but when I can avoid it, I prefer.

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2021

I thought it was warm enough today (plus 2) and sure enough, I broke one of the plastic tabs off. Should still sit up there okay with 5 or 6 more. Not sure how one replaces the screen. I'll have to check again if there's a gasket to remove for that.