Comments

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Tagurit, I love the experiment!

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    SomemedicSomemedic Member Posts: 89

Just put a fire stick in. Not that I'm going to drive long distances to exotic locales to watch TV but on rainy days with YouTube wont be so bad.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited March 2019

There are lots of things in this thread to unpack but right now I'm tending the wood stove and poking away on my phone. What I need is a 13 year old transcriptionist to do my typing!

I really like all of the shelf ideas for the plumbing cabinet but here's the thing: I have 2 Stanley thermos's, one is also a French press, and they are both within half an inch of being full height for the cabinet. If I put in a shelf they won't fit. I'd love to have that space a little more organized but until I find a better home for them, the shelf idea is on hold. I did make a silverware drawer that is next to the sink and love that.

I didn't know about the propane properties and am thankful for the primer on that! All I can say from my own experience is that I have had better luck with the bigger cylinder at very low temps. It may have a lot to do with the length of the low pressure line, wind and a host of other factors. Your results may vary.

I'm curious about how everyone is liking the Duracell batteries. I am replacing my battery soon and that brand is on my short list. I will use either the Duracell or Interstate (my brand of choice) and am stepping up from a group 24 to a group 27 12 volt. I have considered a group 31 but don't want to stress my TV charging system that much. I've had no problem with the group 24 but this last trip with my bro and I hammering away off-grid for 2 weeks in cold weather pushed the small battery to its limits. Plus, it's 3 years old and probably is down about 20-30% from its new capacity so it is time to swap it out.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Colorado0712Colorado0712 Member Posts: 9

@CFD614 said:
    So it looks like if I turned the 2 batteries like Fourman I could fit my 10 gallon propane tank I have from my last trailer in there? So for the wiring I just use the existing wiring and add 1 jumper between batteries? Also trying to find the right batteries from batteries and bulbs looks like the 230AH are now $119ea. Definitely worth the change to dual 6v than the stock 12v? I want the longer boondock time

Were you able to do this with the 5 pound tank? I’d really like to see pictures of you have any.

• Options
    Colorado0712Colorado0712 Member Posts: 9

@Fourman110 said:
    Mods for the Fathers Day weekend.

1. Installed an inline power switch to the TV to get rid of that annoying blue LED at night.

2. Installed sheet metal edging around the hole in the back of the tub. Must have caught my watch 20 times while fooling around with solar and the battery.

1. Cut out the propane tank holder, pulled the undersized battery out and installed two 6 volt batteries ala Lightningdon. Hardest part was removing the tank holder. Nucamp really welded it in well. Used self tapping pan head screws to mount the battery boxes.

1. Added a switch between the solar controller and the battery. Ended up buying a wire harness with two 30amp breakers. You can see the switch on the sidewalk of the tub.

2. Completed the job with a bottle of a malty red ale we brew. It was a hot day and I may need another.

What did you by chance use to cut the propane holder? I am needing to remove that this weekend and want to make sure I’m not complicating it anymore than it needs to be. Thanks!

• Options

@Colorado0712 said:

@Fourman110 said:
    Mods for the Fathers Day weekend.

1. Installed an inline power switch to the TV to get rid of that annoying blue LED at night.

2. Installed sheet metal edging around the hole in the back of the tub. Must have caught my watch 20 times while fooling around with solar and the battery.

1. Cut out the propane tank holder, pulled the undersized battery out and installed two 6 volt batteries ala Lightningdon. Hardest part was removing the tank holder. Nucamp really welded it in well. Used self tapping pan head screws to mount the battery boxes.

1. Added a switch between the solar controller and the battery. Ended

What did you by chance use to cut the propane holder? I am needing to remove that this weekend and want to make sure I’m not complicating it anymore than it needs to be. Thanks!

I went modern midevil with a 4 1/2” angle grinder. Used it to clean up any sharp edges left behind by the bracket as well. Took maybe 10 mins.

Good luck!

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    edited October 2019

Added a Camco winterizing kit last night. Yhe kit didn't include two 1/2" FIP to 3/8 barbs to patch it into the waterline. Other than over expanding a band clamp costing me another 10 minutes about a 20 minute job. Once complete about 8 mins to complete winterization.

I recommend buying a much longer 3/8" diam hose to put in the gallon of antifreeze (ideally allowing the antifreeze to sit on the ground, as with the shirt one it was a little bit of juggling.

Don't forget to run the shower hose as well when you winterize.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options

Completed the "747" jack wheel mod I saw on the t@G fafacebook page. Goodbye sunken wheel! 8.5" or 9" bolt, nylock nut, 4 stainless washers, short piece of rigid tube to make sure the forks don't bend inward,

Two harbor freight 10 inch tires, and a new trailer jack wheel that I modified as I didnt want to take a chance on my old wheel (always have a backup). Hard part is enlarging the holes in the fork to run the new bolt through. Spendy drill bit and I wish I could have borrowed one.

It is pretty big and didnt fit the tub with everything else I have in there so... next step for me is to make an adapter collar to mount it in front of the tub when not in use.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    edited August 2020

Two new mods and an upgrade to an old one.

Bubble Level
    Added a bubble level to the tongue. I used to set a level on the kitchen counter but that got old. Camco level with double stick automotive tape. Leveled the trailer then applied the tape to a clean surface.

Knife Set Moved
    Moved from door to inside of galley cabinet. I used to have it attached to the door with command strips, but position was finicky and it kept pushing off of the door. Made two holes and drilled matching holes in the cabinet. It serves double duty in taht in protects the cabinet from the pot I keep next to it. After the knife set fell last time, I just shoved it in the cabinet and it turned out to be the perfect spot.

Replaced USB Panel
    Replaced the USB/12v lighter outlet with a four USB panel. He shape f the existing panel cutout and holes is a bit oddball. Some might want to just update the USB side (which would be somewhat easy with a round 12v USB replacement part) but I don’t use that 12v outlet. Purchased the replacement part from Amazon and really like this model as it has one tiny, and dim light. May need to tape over it but almost every other unit either had a bright voltage readout or other bright lights. Cut wires, stripped them and attached. The hard part was I lost the unit behind the headboard when it fell in the hole. After trying to get my sons arm down there (fail) and using an unpowered inspection camera (failed again, plus no power due to Iowa storm power outs), I finally realized there was an access panel behind the headboard. NuCamp rocks!

The odd size makes it difficult to cover the holes from the one being removed. I slid it towards the top to cover up the top screw holes and will use a matching putty to fill the other two.

Magnadyne WC-USB-B 12V Wall Mount USB Charging 4 Ports

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    daveandcorlenedaveandcorlene Member Posts: 74

Great mods! Clever placement of the bubble level and knives. Thank you for sharing!

2021 TAG XL Boondock
    Toyota Tacoma
    Evergreen State

• Options
    SueBHunnySueBHunny Member Posts: 133

After only five and a half years with my T@G, I finally made the 747 wheel (using 8" inflatables from Harbor Freight). I never knew how easy it could be to move my camper around on my uneven driveway!!! I hate putting in on and taking it off, but when it's on there it is glorious!

Sue
    State College, PA
    2015 T@G Max
    2012 Subaru Outback