Options

TAG Propane Connection and AC Runtime

pgj8890pgj8890 Member Posts: 3

I am interested in purchasing a TAG and have questions -

1) When connecting the stove to the propane tank is there a direct connect (hose) from the upfront box or does one need to pull the propane tank to the back of the TAG where the stove is located??
2) What is the run time on average for the AC unit on a full battery charge? With the solar option will the battery continue to charge when the battery is in use?

Comments

• Options
    pgj8890pgj8890 Member Posts: 3

Oops this question is for the TAG

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

@pgj8890 - fixed it for you :)

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Connection to the stove is direct. No need to move the tank, just open the valve. I close when not in use.

The AC can not run off of DC battery power. It must be connected to shore power or generator. .. or lots & lots of batteries or battery capacity with an inverter. (this is not a true option)

With solar panels, the T@G battery is directly connected to the solar panels via the converter connected to the solar panel(s).
    Charging time to full T@G battery charge and amount of extra power left over depends on size of solar array.
    I use a 100 watt Renogy solar suitcase setup. I can charge my battery to full capacity over the course of a (sunny) day. This assumes I am not using any additional power other than my Norcold refrigerator and maybe recharging a phone or two. If I was to include on top of the refrigerator running my Fan-Tastic Vent fan all day, I may have a difficult time obtaining full charge.
    I have a 15 foot extension cable attached to my solar suitcase panel, which allows me to reposition the panel for best solar collection throughout the day. This is important to achieve maximum benefit of the panel.
    Note: If you have the solar panels mounted directly to the T@G, then you would want to park the trailer in the sun for most solar benefits. This may prohibit parking the T@G in the shade.
    I typically would prefer to park in the shade.