Options

Heading out

WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Leaving momentarily for a three day campout. Loaded for everything. Three bikes, snorkeling gear, eating like Vikings. The works.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Sounds like an adventure. Enjoy.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options

All set up. First time bringing a tent in ages. Brought that for the kids to play in. Meeting up tonight with Kathy's sis and family in their popup. Weather is great.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 632

Looks like a nice campsite. Maybe you can convince the kids to sleep in that tent.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    edited June 2020

A cold albeit clear bug-free weekend.41 degrees Sunday morning. Kathy and I set the thermostat to 65 and slept like lumber in our trailer. Squiddly Diddly (so named because when he was 5 he had 8 hands and was as slippery as an Octopus) slept in the pop up with his cousins and nearly froze.
    A great weekend catching up with Kathy's sis and family. Too short.
    Now to prep for my solo trip to the badlands and/or TR north unit.
    We were loaded down like a Borg Cube as heavy as I've ever been with 3 bikes, tent (ugh) that we didn't use, an extra cooler we didn't use and 2 bottles of wine that we did use.
    We were in the CG with a Vistabule teardrop, an old Scamp and someone with a Silver Shadow. I also brought my big Coleman propane 2 burner for cooking crepes for 5. Took the kids to the beach to get hypothermia, did some biking and a bit of canoeing. The rig worked perfectly with the new Timbren suspension and we had nary a bubble of foam in the beer when we arrived. The kids loved the computer and spent one evening playing video games while the grown-ups got delicately soused around the campfire.
    One of the weekend highlights for me was when we DID NOT bring the cat. I didn't miss her skulking, yowling, howling presence. Kathy's sis brought their mutt (full size poodle) Fritz. I'm not a fan of animal collections but Fritz was an easy keeper, foraging for food, sleeping and being a good boy. He supplimented his dogfood diet over the weekend with 2 pair of flip-flops and a string of Christmas lights.

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    FroggerFrogger Member Posts: 156

Thanks for the sit rep dude, looks/sounds like a blast!

• Options
    pgj8890pgj8890 Member Posts: 3

Love your awnings. Who makes them? Does the rear awning detach or simply fold some way?

• Options

I made them both. The rear one stows against the trailer and the side awning gets rolled and stowed in a bag. I make stuff. It's my thing....

Now that I've got the testing done, I might make a rear awning to peddle if anyone is interested (or brave) enough. PM me.

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

Both of the Roosevelt parks are under appreciated. Truly spectacular views and the wild horses are always a treat.

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

Fabulous camping pics. Thanks

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    edited June 2020

More heading out!

A father's day adventure down in the Chippewa Bottoms. Exploring abandoned ferry sites, runoff roads and dead ends. Finished with a bit of swimming, a picnic lunch and back to the farmhouse. A slippery, muddy day but loads of fun.

The haunted schoolhouse at Careyville. In the park at the old Careyville ferry crossing.

Next trip: Bayfield WI and Madeline Island in the Apostles? Or Copper Falls SP? Stay tuned.

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

A couple of days down on the Mississippi with my bro, my son and 2 cousins...

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    daveandcorlenedaveandcorlene Member Posts: 74

What an amazing adventure!

2021 TAG XL Boondock
    Toyota Tacoma
    Evergreen State

• Options

Peaceful looking

• Options

Spent a few days at Lake Murray in Oklahoma. Didnt even need the AC at night,