Options

2nd Time out with the 2020 Tag 5 wide

engineer101engineer101 Member Posts: 22

Went on my 2nd 4 day camping on 7-20-2020. Camped at Mississenewa Lake SW of Peru, Indiana. While setting up I turned the stereo on but had no power then turned on the lights and no power. After I set up camp I decided to check the fuses and found no fuse in the line from the battery. I never tried using only 12 v before and apparently the dealer didn't either. There was a DE fuse in the line for the solar that I don't have so I just swapped the fuse. Glad I found it so my battery will charge from my TV.
The camping was hot and humid but I had no other problems. The air conditioner worked great at night and the deflector to keep the cold air from blowing directly on me was perfect. I also tried out my new 10 x 10 canopy with 2 side walls that I set up over the kitchen area. On Wednesday afternoon we had a severe thunderstorm ( no lightning ) come through the campground with 40-50 mph wind gusts and torrential rain for about 30 minutes. Everything under the canopy stayed 99% dry. Glad I got the side walls!
I was going to replace my Yeti with a Norcold NRF30 but have decided to run 12 volt power to the bed of my truck and get a slightly larger refig/freezer and carry it in the bed of the truck and store it in my side tent.
I also took my 4 1/2 year old Bassett Hound on her first camping trip. Cleo did really good for her first time.
All in all it was another great time in a great little camper.

Comments