Options

Which 2017 TAG am I looking at?

Hi—I’ve been researching trailers for a few months now and I’m seriously considering a 2017 TAG. The dealer website describes it as a 2017 TAG MAX. But when I look in NADA I can see the various models and the prices and when I look at the brochure and specs from 2017 brochures and spec sheets, the trailer on the lot doesn’t seem to match the model described. It seems that the MAX should have the big window and should have the 12-volt cooler, but it doesn’t. I ran a search on the VIN, but that report didn’t include the model name, unfortunately.

I know I can ask more questions when I see the trailer, but I’d like to have the price comparison nailed down before I go to the lot.

Is it that the 2017s were so custom that the models aren’t super prescriptive other than the size of the trailer or were early 2017s different from later 2017s? Is the dealer calling it a MAX when it is a basic?

Thanks for any help you can offer. And, if you have any other guidance on the 2017s to share, please let me know.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    dollydigitaldollydigital Member Posts: 7

The TAG MAX was the queen size bed and included the Norcold fridge, the Television, and the air conditioner. I don't think the stargazer window was standard in the MAX. It might have been standard in the MAX XL which has the king size bed and the microwave as well. If its missing the fridge, TV, and AC, it was a TAG Basic.

2016 T@G MAX named T@RDIS - its bigger on the inside!

• Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

Our 2017 T@G has the king size bed, 12V frig, Microwave, the window out front, AC and TV. Out NW here we paid 10.5K last winter before the new year.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

2017 was the first year they introduced the stargazer...before that was cabinetry all the way across on the interior...Norcold was standard back then...does it have the storage space under the bed mattress?

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    RealHillaryRealHillary Member Posts: 3

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful sleuthing. It did have the cooler, the TV and the AC. The dealer said it was a MAX when I visited today, but it ended up being moot. The trailer was filthy (crumbs and grease in the galley) and food wrappers left inside on the bed. I decided that if someone was willing to leave the trailer like that, I didn’t want to wonder what they had driven over. I also realized that it didn’t have brakes. Ohio doesn’t require them, but I will be driving in the mountains and I want brakes. I ended up buying the 2020 TAG and am so excited.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Congratulations.
    Many good trips.

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Back in 2017 the only T@G that has brakes was the boondock...Congrats and many trips ahead of you!

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    daveandcorlenedaveandcorlene Member Posts: 74

I'm glad you want to get electric brakes...a real safety upgrade. We recently sold our vintage 1967 14 foot camper. It had electric brakes and weighed only around 1000 pounds.

2021 TAG XL Boondock
    Toyota Tacoma
    Evergreen State