Options

Seeking 2016 T@G XL awning suggestions...

RUrbanRUrban Member Posts: 2
edited August 2020 in Products & Accessories

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new owner of a 2016 T@G XL and have never owned a trailer before. I've been reading with interest the different discussions about awnings, side tents, and clamshell tents. Does anyone have an experience with the AllPro Adventures T@G regular awning that they would be willing to share or any other side awning or tent that attaches to a T@G XL that they've really felt works?

https://allproadventures.com/collections/t-g-accessories/products/t-g-regular-awning

I'm looking at these primarily for shade and maybe for a bit of shelter from rain. I'm traveling with my 16 year old daughter - and I might also travel by myself occasionally - so I'm looking for an option that can be put up by one person.

Thanks for all of the great advice on the site!! Some of it is a bit overwhelming, but I figure once I take it out a time or two I'll be able to re-read some of the posts and they'll make more sense.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts with me,

Regina

"The mountains are calling and I must go..." - John Muir
2015 Honda Pilot
2016 T@G XL

Comments

• Options
    StellaMarisStellaMaris Member Posts: 26

Wow - that one is really cool - but EXPENSIVE! I actually use a Coleman 13'X13' popup canopy. It is big enough that I can put it over my T@GXL, so that both doors have some coverage when getting out in the rain, or you can put it on one side for a large covered space. I've posted the Amazon link to it below. With a little practice before going camping, I quickly learned how to put this up by myself, although it is admittedly a LOT quicker with two people. I do love the All Pro canopy, but not sure I'd be willing to spend that much for an awning!

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Instant-Pop-Up-Canopy-Shelter/dp/B0033990N8/ref=sr_1_2?crid=H4S9OQEB79MD&dchild=1&keywords=coleman+pop+up+canopy&qid=1596756573&sprefix=Crystal+light+de,aps,411&sr=8-2

Kim
    "StellaM@ris", 2017 T@G Max XL
    2020 Ford Escape SEL Ecoboost and 2003 Explorer XLT
    Tyke, Buckshot, and Bonnie (the 4-legged children)

• Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271
    edited August 2020

Suggest taking a look at the Clam type awnings. We recently purchased the Cabela Quick Set Screen Shelter. Regular price $450 we paid 350 on sale.This is one Clam type that includes all the panels. 131/2 feet across. Has opening with panel we rig over the kitchen. We have had it up now several times. Only takes maybe 5-10 minutes. Long package though, almost 7'. Fit in wide trailer for transporting. Lay it over the bed. We had the Coleman, The second time out found one fiberglass rod split. For us a bugger to set up.Took it back.
    Check out our photos Under Camping and Travel, showing our new screen room.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

• Options
    RUrbanRUrban Member Posts: 2

Thanks so much, GigHarborTom and StellaMarris!

"The mountains are calling and I must go..." - John Muir
    2015 Honda Pilot
    2016 T@G XL

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

@RUrban ..we use a 10 x 10 ez up and a 6 x 6 ez up...sometimes only use one depending on how long etc....we weren't campers but sightseers so we were testing the waters, as the saying goes...after 4 seasons .. we're committing to the T@B CS-S...instead of adding a side room..they look marvelous and from what I've heard very well made...best of luck and congrats on your purchase!

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder