Options

No title just idle chit chat

VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

Every forum needs a discussion area where off topic comments can be made. So here’s a place to talk to each other, the Admins and Moderators can join in, too, and just have a good clean conversation. So talk about the weather, joke (family friendly) with each other. Go for it.

(The T@B forum’s thread was over 22 pages long when we split it off to start a “Part 2”, so it is used a lot over there.)

Verna

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

The "Off, on topic topic...

Well Verna, since you opened a spot for "the daily things". I spent the day today working for the ex packing pots. We have a show this weekend in Madison and the pots need to get there. The logistics of that have fallen to me this past summer. I do what I can. So long as I can get my Overlanding fix in, I don't mind. Lots of adventure to boot.

Todays load of new work ready to wrap and pack.

The show booth and wares. Lots of work and travel.

We take our son (he's 9) often in the summer and usually use my T@G as sleeping quarters. The LG was just a bit much for the three of us, especially when it's hot. The T@G is a concession I made to keep things a bit more comfy on the weekends. Although I do very much enjoy the T@G and its myriad amenities (it's like a BARN in here!) I still miss the LG.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

Nice ceramic work! Those pieces would sell well in California. However it would not be cost effective with the travel involved and the local competition not having the overhead.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options

Tom,
    Don't give her any ideas! I have enough trouble keeping up as it is! Lol

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

Its quite a tough business to do well in consistently, selling hand made items.
    Very nice work.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options

Show and tell.

One of my carvings out of cottonwood bark.

Bill

• Options
    edited November 2017

Nice! I like it!

One of my metal sculptures from one of my other lives:

Happy Veterans Day everyone

WilliamA
    Chief Warrant Officer
    U.S. Army
    Retired

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

That is cool !
    I've always wanted to work with metal, but there just doesnt seem to be enough hours in the day.

Bill

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Interesting stuff!

Gotta get out in this cold air today and clean up some leaves.... Not looking forward to this winter and so much for global warming!!! :D

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

My view of the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.

Happy belated Thanksgiving!!

Bill

• Options
    Dan_AnnDan_Ann Member Posts: 36

BBsGarage: Very cool pic!

2017 T@G

Michigan

2020 Ford Explorer SE

• Options

It was nostalgia night last night, as Linda and I watched "Grumpy Old Men" on DVD and hadn't seen that one in its entirety for many years..... Definitely a classic!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

I think I saw that way too long ago, the other day I watched the reboot of The Magnificent Seven with my son. While watching I couldnt help but think about Blazing Saddles which was obviously inspired by it. Hateful Eight is next on the list which is now out on Netflix.

Bill

• Options

Hey Luc, are you guys still camping up there in the frozen north???? I'll bet you are wearing your long-johns up there this morning!!! :D

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Well Mike, yes and no. No, not with the T@G but for december 23 as we will be at my sister and the house will be full so the plan is to bring along the T@G for me and my GF to sleep in. A little ceramic heater will be more than sufficient.

As for the yes, believe it or not, As soon as the flies goes for the cold days, I sleep on a futon on the front porch of my cabin till mid june, every night but the coldest ones (lets say -5 and bellow) and snowy night cause those snow flakes wakes me up when they touch my face like a hot needle. Good slepping bag on top, good sheet under and the futton matress make it very confortable. What is nice, is that the cabin is always worm when we have to get in for night pit stop and in the morning.

So, yep, maybe a bit on the crazy side. ;):)

• Options

Btw, I saw much colder weather when I worked in northern Indiana. ;)

• Options

I like it a little cool for sleeping but Im thinking that is a bit too much for me.
    Any critters about that may take a liking to you and your sleeping arrangement?

Bill

• Options

@BBsGarage said:
    I like it a little cool for sleeping but Im thinking that is a bit too much for me.

You know the old saying!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

@BBsGarage said:

Never had any issues, but I guess that the dog smell could make a difference. But I do see squirel (regular and flying type) and birds in the bird feader. But never had anything on the couch or in the sheets. But I am like 6 ft above the grouns, and quebec is no snake country, summer or winter. ;)

• Options

You know the old joke:
    How do you avoid problems with a bear? Travel with a bell or whistle and watch the trail for bear poop. How do you tell if it's bear poop? It's full of bells and whistles....

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

Because the world needs more of these. ;)B);)

Bill

• Options

I saw one of those in the yard this morning as I was preparing my empty gin bottles for the recycling...

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

I'll take the back straps!!! =)

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

Anything going on here? Sure there’s some bad weather out there, but it’s nice to discuss some of those off topic things you’ve been wanting to talk about. And talk about your upcoming trips in the Camping and Travel Category, Mods you want to make in the modifications Category.

• Options
    ericmoorecoericmooreco Member Posts: 46

I went to an RV show last weekend. I saw the t@b400 there, as well as the LG max. I think I like the 400 better.
    Surprised on the amount of teardrops this year, each year there seems to be more small campers.

Its been a strange winter here. Hardly any snow. If I wasn't so busy, Id prob be camping every weekend.

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options

Eric, this winter in Indiana is breaking records that were set in 2014, which was the winter that made up my mind to Camp in the Southwest each winter for 3 to 4 months. They only had one snowfall last winter, but that number was bypassed before I even left home! Now an ice/sleet/snow event today with some parts being hit with blizzard conditions. I’m staying where it’s warm!

• Options
    edited January 2018

@Verna said:
    Eric, this winter in Indiana is breaking records that were set in 2014, which was the winter that made up my mind to Camp in the Southwest each winter for 3 to 4 months. They only had one snowfall last winter, but that number was bypassed before I even left home! Now an ice/sleet/snow event today with some parts being hit with blizzard conditions. I’m staying where it’s warm!

I was takling with a very good friend of mine in Angola IN near Fort Wayne this morning, and she was telling me the same thing that you are repporting about rain, sleet and blizzard. But like me, she was mad that all the snow that you got since urly december had melted away.

Now, it is our way, and freezing rain just began about an hour ago. Hopefully, snow will soon follow and swalow all that water and ice.

• Options

I finally made it out to Arizona a few days ago. Drove through 8 states and about 2257 miles in 5 days. We did miss the big storm that rolled across the mid-section of the country but hit some high winds, ice and snow coming over the mountains into Albuquerque.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

Verna,
    It's also been a weird winter up here in northern Wi. We get subzero weeks every year but usually not until Jan/Feb. We've already had 2 full weeks of it and are heading into another. To make things worse, there's not much snow cover, which is how we keep wells, pipes, septic tanks and drain fields from freezing. At this rate, we'll be out of wood by Feb. I don't mind the cold so much but I miss the sun.

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

Aren't you hearing out to California William?

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

Yeah, leaving in just over a week. Can't wait!

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.