Options

TV for a 2021 TAG XL?

I understand that TAG's used to come with Jensen TVs. Now they don't. In the rare event we want to watch a TV show, and since we will have access to AC shore power 2/3 of the time,
1) is it worth it to buy a 12 volt TV? And if we do, is it correct to assume that AC shore power will power the TV by charging the battery? Either way, would you get a cheap conventional TV from Walmart? (I'm anticipating a response that, anywhere you can't get shore power it would be a sacrilege to watch TV, and I think I'm agreeing);
2) How about a TV antenna? I didn't see one on the camper.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

IPad or other similar devices is where you want to go..

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

When we purchase out T@G Max outback 5w in 2017, it was already equiped with the ac and tv. It is not someting we woukd have added if we would have ordered the trailer, but since it was in it, we kept it. We tought about eemoving it and store it just in case. Well, we kept it in.

Here in eastern quebec, not every house have ac. So from ti e to time, when it is realy hot, too hot to sleep confortably in the house, it happens more and more, we might endup sleeping in the trailer with ac and watch a movie before going to bed.

While camping, so far we used it twice on rainy and boring night. So we keep it. But never watch chanels on it yet.

No antena, but a cabke door that hides a cabke connector above the shore power plug.

• Options
    CharlieNYCharlieNY Member Posts: 22

Thanks much. We will just dive in, enjoy camping, and wonder what those animal sounds are in the night.

• Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140

We have a 2014 with the TV. Rarely use it, especially after dicovering I can download movies and othe show from Amazon Prime to watch later (no internet needed for VIEWING if you download the movie to your device before you leave home.)

2014 T@G

• Options
    csonnicsonni Member Posts: 353

@LuckyJ said:
    Here in eastern quebec, not every house have ac. So from ti e to time, when it is realy hot, too hot to sleep confortably in the house, it happens more and more, we might endup sleeping in the trailer with ac and watch a movie before going to bed.

Never actually thought of that. We can get a few hot nights here in Goose Bay. Good to know for when we do!