Options

lithium battery

with 200w solar and a 40 amp controller, can I simply drop a BattleBorn lithium in the battery tray and hook up?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 636

It works on the TaBs.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

ok, thnx, get confused by the inverter thing but thats mainly to allow plug in 110 stuff I think

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 636

I know that the TaB converters will not fully charge the lithium batteries, but solar will. I suspect the same for the TaG converter. Some TaB owners who boondock a lot have changed their batteries to lithium and rely on solar for a complete charge, so you should be fine.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited February 2021

I’ll be honest, I’m thinking of pulling my converter out, wiring shore power input just for my Air Conditioning and AC outlets only. Then wire all of my 12 volt through a heavy duty fused male “lighter” plug into an (extra) ecoflow delta1300 mounted inside and doing away with tongue led acid battery and components altogether. You could probably hook up a dedicated 50 watt panel to it and NEVER run out of 12 volt again and you have 110 ac option. A full charge this way would probably run a fantastic fan for close to 50 hours straight without a charge and until the fan wears out with a small solar panel?

Another plus is all the charge controllers in the all in one unit are advanced and doing what they should be doing. Keeping it inside helps regulate temperature of the unit too.