Honda EU2200i Bluetooth capable-Canada?

The newest version of the Honda EU2200i came out in September, 2020 and we here in Canada have not yet seen them available. I really would like the additional Bluetooth feature (inc. app which for run hours and shutoff) as well as the outlet covers. They've also rearranged a few things on the panel and also included a Carbon Monoxide Detection system. Hopefully these features will come North.

Comments

• csonnicsonni Member Posts: 353

We're looking at purchasing one and having it sent to our family in the US and they in turn can send it to us. Does anyone feel that the bluetooth option has been useful?

• Tag75605Tag75605 Member Posts: 40

I have the Honda EU2200i, with Bluetooth. It’s a fantastic generator. The Bluetooth is a nice feature. If you want to use the Bluetooth, you have to connect it within a short timeframe, after you start the generator. I think it’s 30 seconds, or something like that. I have had zero problems with my generator.

• HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400
    edited July 2021

I too have the Honda EU2200i. You are correct about the 30 seconds. However, you only have to do that once. Bluetooth is cool. On initial startup, I reset the maintenance logs. When it is time for oil, air filter, etc. to be changed, I get a message. Lots of other good stuff too. This new model doesn't allow for direct battery charging. But I have my solar panels for that. Next step is to have a switch box installed at the house so I can run a couple of circuits if a power outage occurs.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@HikinMike said:
    I too have the Honda EU2200i. ......?.This new model doesn't allow for direct battery charging. .........

We do not own a Honda generator, but a 2200 hyndai that I really like. It doe have plug out for 12 volts charging, but the Amp output is minimal compare to what the T@G converter can do. And I can work the AC at the same time and also run the fridg at the same time.

• beakybeaky Member Posts: 283

can't you plug the shore power into the generator to charge the batteries?

• HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Yes you could. There are two types of plug arrangements on the 2200i. Either two 15amps or you can get one 30amp and one 15amp. I have the two 15amp configuration.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe