Options

New Owner - 2021 T@G XL Boondock

packetjunkiepacketjunkie Member Posts: 72

Finally picked up our custom order that we placed back in November. Now the fun begins!

Added a gel mattress topper and some Beddy sheets and the Alpicool C30 cooler. Some of the "fun" tag alongs include 14' inflatable screen with an LCD projector for movie night (and a bluetooth transmitter for those times we want to keep it quiet).

My 2021 F150 has a built-in 2k generator in the back, so should be good to go.

I do have one question because it was a little confusing - does the solar panel charge the battery with the cutoff switch OFF? Same for when I am plugged in - does the battery need to be ON or OFF? The deal suggested I have the battery ON while driving, so despite saying earlier that it didnt need to be on, when I asked why to have it ON while driving he said "to be sure you have 100%".

I have a couple of awnings to try out ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JQ6CP36 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0732VFM6B/ ) and I already feel an itch to do some sound upgrades. I'm also feeling like the battery is going to need some attention, but I'm going to see how it goes for a few weekends before I mess with it.

I'm excited for the season to start next month!

Comments

• Options
    DaveBDaveB Member Posts: 101

With my 2020 the solar will maintain the battery even with the battery disconnect in the OFF position.
    My dealer told me the only reason to travel with the battery in the ON position was in case the trailer ever broke loose, the break away system would enable the trailer brakes to activate. I have heard many different 'reasons' to travel with it in the ON position, and to be honest they all seem to make some sense to me.
    Enjoy, you have a great set up there, I too am in the process of installing the Alpicool in mine, I went for the C40 and had to make a custom tray for it, the dry fit worked nicely so this weekend I have to do a few little tack welds, getting everything ready for another strange season up here in Canada.

Toronto, Ontario Canada
    2020 T@G Boondock Edge XL

• Options
    packetjunkiepacketjunkie Member Posts: 72

I've been paying attention to the tray threads as I am going to want to do this - but I'm more of a techie than a craftsman, so not sure if that's something I get done or I try to do myself. I would like to install a slide tray and figure out a hard wiring for it so I'm not always plugging it in and seeing the wires.

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Very nice rig

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options
    beakybeaky Member Posts: 283
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

Tow with the battery switch on to allow charging of your TaG battery and to allow your break away brakes to engage should you have a complete separation of the TV. From the TaG. The solar controller is wired directly to your battery, so the battery switch has no impact. Keep in mind, you will always have a charge going to your battery from the solar (sun dependent), so, your battery voltage will reflect that activity. In other words, you can only rest your battery fully at night to get an accurate voltage reading. Also, remember to turn the battery switch off when you store the trailer to prevent phantom drain of your battery.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator