Nasty weather Day Camping

WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

I don't like to miss an opportunity to get out, if only for the day. Weather here has been cold, rainy and dreary but no matter. Time to get out and explore! I mounted up the tablet/GPS and determined to make the best of it. I started at the usual spot and did a bit of birding for an hour.

A good day to deploy the awning! It's starting to look a bit natty. Maybe time to replace the awning material?

I wanted to test the diesel heater in warmer weather and it worked according to Hoyle. As expected, it changed the outlet temp relative to the input air temp so after 30 minutes it was too warm in the trailer with the windows closed. I need to vent on days like this so I usually put the roof vent open and perhaps even the side windows a crack.

I moved on and found two more boat landings I hadn't been to! Just when you think you've found all the interesting spots....well....you're wrong!
As an added bonus, one of the new to me spots provided an opportunity to watch a flock of migrating White Pelicans! Super fun!

They were a long way out in the river so this is the best photo I was able to get. My first time seeing them here. Pelicans are my favorite birds.

My last stop was another river haunt of mine where I made some espresso, had lunch and watched bald eagles fishing for suckers. A great day.
Next week, a trip over to the St Croix River for some exploring.

Side note:
We were planning a late spring sojourn out to the desert but grabbed an opportunity to have a proper, propane gas furnace installed. That's going on as I write this. I'm not too disappointed as the quality of life afforded by not having to babysit the wood furnace will more than offset the postponed trip. We'll offset that with a May trip to Lake Itasca or maybe, the north shore...

Bird by bird......
WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.