Options

New Tow Vehicle and first "On-Season" Trip!

McNutty195McNutty195 Member Posts: 45
edited May 2021 in Trailers & Towing

Just got back from our first "On-season" camping trip this past weekend. In reality this is trip number 5 as we started back in February, but the rest of the extended family hasn't been ready to join my wife and I until now! haha This first trip was a pretty low key trip to one of our staple campgrounds: Caesar's Creek State Park.

Big news for this trip: it was the maiden voyage for our brand new 2021 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition, and a new Lectric Step through ebike! Our old TV was a CRV and it served us quite well. With the 7,000 mile road trip from our home in south western Ohio to Seattle Washington and back we logged over 10,500 miles of T@G towin' with the CRV, but we're quite happy to have a more powerful TV not to mention all the extra space!

The Lectric ebike is something I've been saving for/trying to convince you know who about for quite a while. Very excited to start exploring more of the campgrounds and even beyond on ebikes. Mine arrived last week, and after quite a bit of testing we've decided to keep the order for my wife's. That one should arrive within the next 2-3 weeks.

The state park and camping trip was good as always. Temperatures were in the 60s pretty much all weekend with the exception of Sunday when we were leaving. The unrelenting sun was driving temps up that day. Beautiful weekend for camping. Mostly stayed around the campsite all weekend and enjoyed each other's company, That and a number of walks and bike rides.

Was rather surprised when we pulled in to the campground by all of the Nucamp representation going on. The loop we were in must of had 15-25 T@Bs, T@Gs, and Littleguy trailers hanging out. Apparently this was the first 2021 outing of the Ohio and Pennsylvania T@B and Friends group. Who knew?

Many more trips and good memories coming. Can't wait to get out there again!

2018 T@G XL Outback edition
TV: 2021 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition AWD
Dayton, Ohio