Options

Best option for CPAP placement while sleeping.

royh210royh210 Member Posts: 22

We're new owners for a 2021 tag XL boondock as we all know there is limited space, one of our concerns is the use of a CPAP machine. What could be our best options for placing it in the camper while sleeping? I know there are many others out there that utilize a CPAP machine what do you currently do or have done in the past to better assist you. Thanks in advance for your comment/suggestions. :-)

2021 NuCamp T@G XL Boondock 🎣

2012 Kia Sportage🚙

Comments

• Options
    Bob297Bob297 Member Posts: 148

I have a Philips Respironics Dreamstation which is not that big in size. Runs off ac or dc. I can also disconnect the humidifier section. The humidifier section uses the battery up so I can disconnect it. This way I have a very low draw on the battery. I made a shelf that sits on the front cabinet. It can be removed and stored when in transit. If I bring the humidifier, I also bring a Goal Zero 400 with lithium battery to save house battery. I only Boondock. I don’t have a pic, but it sits right above the outlet in pic below:

• Options
    royh210royh210 Member Posts: 22

Thanks for your comment gives me an idea to fabricate a shelf to fit in that area.

2021 NuCamp T@G XL Boondock 🎣

2012 Kia Sportage🚙

• Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

I have been using the CPAP in this and other trailers. I just have it down in the corner under the sound system. Run the power cord across under the TV and plug into the 12 V outlet in the other corner. Your hose should easily reach the head of the bed with plenty movement. Wife makes up the bed by throwing a Hudson Bay blanket over every thing. She even has HB pillow covers. You can find a 12v cord for your breathing machine on Amazon as I recall.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@GigHarborTom said:
    .........Hudson Bay blanket over every thing. She even has HB pillow covers.

Wow I would love the let my self gand extral large of thise blanket, but can not resign my self to treat me so well! 😉

• Options
    edited June 2021

Follow up to show pics….

Simple design. Here’s pic when humidifier not attached and uses very little dc power. If I attach humidifier , I use another lithium battery (Goal Zero 400) inside. Otherwise the dc plug goes into the hole and connects to outlet right there in front.

• Options

Lucky J.... Hudson Bay Blanket has been in the family over 20 years. We also have a couple Pendleton. Bought them used, but still can be pricey. I also use them in my pre 1840 reenactment camping.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max

• Options

Heads up all, there is a recall on the Dreamstation CPAP of a certain vintage. I got the notice last week. I had to fill out forms on line, after they informed me of this situation. I do not have the info here, suggest you contact your supplier. It is an issue of the sound deadening material.

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max

• Options

@GigHarborTom said:
    Heads up all, there is a recall on the Dreamstation CPAP of a certain vintage. I got the notice last week. I had to fill out forms on line, after they informed me of this situation. I do not have the info here, suggest you contact your supplier. It is an issue of the sound deadening material.

Thanks for the heads up!