Options

Speakers bad?

My 2017 TAG has ceiling mounted speakers. (I think possibly they all have these.) I suspected one speaker was “blown” after trying to watch a DVD but I found something more interesting. I pulled the offending speaker and found that it had hundreds of particles of aluminum and plastic stuck in it. I was camping & so didn’t have an air hose, but I was able to dislodge the bits with an Apple Pencil stylus. Reattach the speaker and the scratchy sound is gone. Now that I’m home I will do the other side, too.

Gerald
Redmond, Washington
Nissan Armada
Nucamp T@G (2017) & Forest River Vibe 25RK (2021)

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Yes, I found the same thing. Cleaned both and helped. Bottom line, the Jensen head unit and speakers are mediocre at best.

I wired speaker "B" out to the rear kitchem galley area. No matter what free standing speakers are used, the sound quality is weak.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

This is indeed some kind of an old subject that is at the same time up to date. Do not know about the new trailers, but tge ones from that era had that isue. In my case, to make sure it would not happen again, I tapped the heck out of the thermo foil to the roof.

But we also rarely use the system, so it is prefect dor our need.

• Options
    DaveBDaveB Member Posts: 101

The head unit is mediocre, the speakers are garbage. I removed the original speakers and replaced them with some very old but very good speakers from back in my car audio nutcase days. Some Boston Acoutics Pro Seriess 5.2 to be exact. The difference is night and day, very balanced sound, and that head unit actually has some punch I was not expecting. Always invest in good speakers, it is cheap and easy to generate sound, but only good quality speakers can accurately reproduce that sound.

Toronto, Ontario Canada
    2020 T@G Boondock Edge XL