Options

Aw SHEETS!

I have FINALLY found workable sheets for our 2020 T@G XL!! They are the split mattresses3.5"D x 35"W x 75"L each and we couldn't find twin sheets that fit or any queen or King. We finally did these off amazon and they are perfect. The texture is a little weird at first, they feel like really thick nice ladies' winter tights or like a skiing base layer.... BUT.... They fit!

Just thought this might help others.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086QG65K8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Ashley and John and two idiot dogs
Boise, Idaho
2020 T@G XL
2017 Dodge Durango

Comments

• Options
    theashleyoetheashleyoe Member Posts: 17

I should also add that we got two of the twin sets, so we can still get into the storage easily. :)

Ashley and John and two idiot dogs
    Boise, Idaho
    2020 T@G XL
    2017 Dodge Durango

• Options
    packetjunkiepacketjunkie Member Posts: 72

FWIW, we purchased these sheets - https://beddys.com/ - and we're very happy. I'm using the thin mattresses that came with the XL and a 4" cool memory foam cover.

• Options
    royh210royh210 Member Posts: 22

@packetjunkie what size bedding did you select?

2021 NuCamp T@G XL Boondock 🎣

2012 Kia Sportage🚙

• Options
    JohnnyLocoJohnnyLoco Member Posts: 198
    edited May 2021

We have a queen polartec fitted sheet for the cold months but other than that we got away from sheets because its a pain to put them on especially with extra foam pad. I had a heavy cotton quilt sized for the mattress and just roll it out on top and it stays put. This works awesome for the warmer days.

If its real cold we each use Cabela’s Outfitter XL bags which two of them zipped is the EXACT size of the XL bed. We used to zip them together but now just use them single.

We are both cover hogs so we need our own individual sleeping materials so we quickly figured out the nice bedding sets are for pictures and single people.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

For my standard size T@G, these are the fitted sheets I use. They are made for a slightly deeper mattress, but work fine and stay in place.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LJQQQQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Options

@royh210 said:

I went with Queen... the mattress topper is also a queen.

• Options
    jilkkajilkka Member Posts: 5

For those with the topper; is there a secret to putting the sheets on? found it a real pain and do not look forward to changing them... May have to trim our topper a tad though, not really any space between it and the walls.

• Options
    edited May 2021

I put the toppers under the mattresses just to see if it would make it easier to do the sheets. It did make it a little easier but still not too swuft. What we discovered is it made for a better nights sleep. The factory mattress ain’t too bad but felt too firm because they would bottom out on the floor with the flex, with the topper on the bottom it flexes real good and stays put better than the topper.

Like I said in another thread, if its real cold weather I stretch a polartec queen fitted sheet over everything. Otherwise I had a heavy quilt cut to size with the biased tape edge sewed back on an roll it out over the mattresses and it stays put. Kinda like a cowboy bedroll.

I was even prepared to install grommets in all four corners of the quilt bedroll and small eye hooks in the bedroom corners then tie them to keep in place but there was no need to go that far.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

We have a 5 wide and i think my GF use twin sheet for our oem matress. We might be using wider top sheet with down with down conforter.

Wheb it gets very cold, like 5 ish F and below we do not go with sheet, the probelem is not the matress, but cold coming from the sides that touch the walls. If you move a feet away from the warmed area, you fell the cold imidiatly, but the matress stays warm under our body. So next step would be sleeping bags or heating matress cover. If we ever get to that type of temp again.

• Options
    edited May 2021

You can put an end to that side wall cold shock by applying self adhesive carpet squares. Just one row does the trick. You can cut them for the door too. I’m planning to do inside the headboard storage space too.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Achim-Nexus-12-Pack-12-in-Grey-Berber-Loop-Peel-and-Stick-Carpet-Tile/1001823428?cm_mmc=shp--c--prd--flr--bing--pla--228--1001823428--0&kpid&placeholder=null&ds_rl=1286981&msclkid=1f9e156134351afebd6e75d43f8734b8&gclid=1f9e156134351afebd6e75d43f8734b8&gclsrc=3p.ds

• Options

Tanks, but since tgis only happen if we camp near 0 F or lower, we will keep this simple with sleeping bags if need be. It is a proven way for us, since we also sleep on tge cabin porch in winter. 😉

• Options

@royh210 said:

Queen.

To LuckyJ's comment about cover hogging, we did have some of the issues he spoke of, where when one person changes position (I switch from side to side often), it can be a disruption for her. Although I like the ease of making the bed with just two zippers to work. We will see if this works for the longer term, but one night she pushed the covers off and used just the extra blanket that comes in the kit.

• Options

@packetjunkie

Tgis in indeed a personal process of find what works for us. We now have mostly king size bed for me and my GF at her house and my cabin, but I always end up sleeping on one strip bearly wide enough for me on tge edge of tge bed, with not enough sheet to cover that strip, and i can not stand being cut up in tge equivalent of the side of a sleeping bag. Go figure. 🤣

Good tging I sleep better in a cool environnement. 😉

• Options

At home our solution was two Twin XL adjustable frames that are side by side with individual comforters - there's the running joke about who is going over to whose side, lol... this is mostly because she sleeps solidly and i'm a "tornado" in her words with my going from side to side (at least I dont snore).

As someone else posted, I have a Cabela's XL sleeping bag that I was planning to use for colder weather as a comforter. We'll see if the Beddy setup sticks after a few more outings, but it does look good and clean up easily.

• Options

Those Cabela’s Outfitter XL’s is what we use and……….Man whatchutalkin bout !

• Options
    edited June 2021

One good side to the T@G, is that you never loose any sheet or conforter on the bedroo floor, they always stay on the bed, even when you have no control over them! 🤣

Oh, and I am the brick, she is the tornado and she is also the snoring one! Did I mentionned the 3 dogs at home and 2 that comes along in the T@G?
    🤣