Options

Shore power plug issue

rich67rich67 Member Posts: 164

So on a recent outing I inadvertently pulled the 30 amp connector at a bad angle and ended up pulling the shore power connector partially out of the hole on the camper. I can see it’s held into the fiberglass by screws, and although it’s not completely pulled out, it looks like it will end up yanking completely at some point. Should I just silicone it back in there, or has anyone had the same issue and has a good fix for this? Short of pulling it out and re-drilling the holes in another area, I think that may be the only option.

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

I do not have acces to our T@G, but for sure you will have to clean out the old silicone as much as possible and I would look for the possibility of using a larger screw and reuse the same holes at first, and go with stainless ones.

If not, you might have to add more screes, and if so, I would add one screw in each in between just for balance look.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited May 2021

Rich,

Ditto. If your trailer has an outside shower, this might work for you:

Remove the outside shower. ( Take out the screws holding it in, cut the silicone caulk, detach the water line from the back and pull it out.) Once that's out, you can (sort of) access the back of the shore power plug. I drilled mine through both layers of Azdel, inserted longer screws (#10X24 tpi X 2" if memory serves) and added nylock nuts on the back. Been there every since...

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited May 2021

Oh yeah....it also bears mentioning that, on my own trailer (2017 XL) the wiring from the shore plug to converter is too short to allow pulling the shore power plug all of the way out the side of the trailer, necessitating either drilling it in situ or disconnecting the power wire from the back of the converter. (Sort of a "can't disconnect it until it's disconnected", kind of thing)

I drilled mine in place.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

As always, @WilliamA is also providing a good solution.

• Options
    rich67rich67 Member Posts: 164

yes indeed, thanks William. I have another project before my next outing.