Options

New Tag Outback owner in Texas

GreggaTheHutGreggaTheHut Member Posts: 3

Hi everyone. Wanted to introduce myself since I'm sure I'll be leaning pretty heavily on the collective knowledge and experience here. I just bought a 2018 Tag Outback (not an XL). I'm in north Texas. I have never owned any type of RV but have always wanted one. I've always tent camped and Big Bend National Park is my favorite destination. Although I would have preferred an XL for the extra room, a target of opportunity came up locally with this used (2nd owner) 2018 Tag Outback. It may actually work better not being an XL since I plan to tow it for the most part with my 2 door manual Jeep JL Rubicon. The regular width of the TAG is the same width (wheel to wheel) as my Jeep so visibility while towing is good. I also have a Ford F250 if I want to go overkill for towing, but I really like the idea of getting off the beaten paths and also the idea of boondocking. I haven't yet taken it for an overnight, but I did tow it about 70 miles just to see how it would do on the highway. Did great with the Jeep and was very stable (better than I expected). I do want to install a brake controller in the Jeep just to be extra safe (it came with the towing package so already has the RV plug). Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I'm excited to have this little trailer!

Comments