New Front Box w/platform delete

Bob297Bob297 Member Posts: 148
edited July 2021 in Modifications & Upgrades

DW went to work today….me too. I did the platform delete and installed the new 2021 aluminum front box. Part # 56-00-4337 . It is more sealed than previous generations. The last pic is of an AiLi battery monitor I installed. It’s showing a charge cause the camper is plugged in—the only time it gets plugged into an AC outlet is when at home. Battery is a Renogy Deep Cycle Hybrid GEL 100AH, fits in a group 27 battery NOCO box.

Comments

• WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Nice! Never could figure out what you are supposed to do with the swag-rack. I cut mine up...

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Clipse14Clipse14 Member Posts: 3

Hello...

We just got our tag 2018 xl outback. Is the platform delete removing the front metal racks and just having the frame? I feel there is zero need for that as I'll never strap anything to it, extra weight, and frees up for a bike rack.

Can you order the new box from nucamp?

• Bob297Bob297 Member Posts: 148

Yes, and you can order the 2021 aluminum larger box from a NuCamp dealer only. Be careful when ordering the box cause prices are all over the place. In my State, I have 2 NuCamp dealers. One said $1200, the other said $600 something, but delivered to my house by them for free. The platform doesn’t work for us. Don’t need it as I have a truck with a camper shell on back with heavy tinted windows with windoors on passenger side (ARE MX series) I didn’t like the idea of advertising my RED Honda 2000i on front, only to be stolen. I like to keep items “out of sight” from prying eyes.

• Clipse14Clipse14 Member Posts: 3

Thank you for the response. Does the original box work without the platform? I was trying to figure out where and how the box is mounted but no luck.

• Bob297Bob297 Member Posts: 148

The box is mounted to the platform. There are ways to connect the older aluminum box to front without platform. I know how to do it, but I’m not sure if 100% correct. The newer aluminum box (without the platform) is attached to the frame per NuCamp and NuCamp dealership. I don’t think you can go by the way the plastic tubs are mounted. Someone else can chime in or contact a NuCamp dealership you trust. Next time the NuCamp tech stops by the house, I’ll ask him. I’m expecting more goodies from NuCamp but they take a week off for July 4th.

• HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

I use my platform for firewood, water storage and Front Runner boxes. The inside of my TV houses my solar panels, generator, ice chest and dog crate. So, I find the platform useful.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe