Options

How to tell what years is the T@g trailer ?

mrericmreric Member Posts: 12
edited December 2017 in Looking to buy a Trailer?

I am looking to buy a T@g teardrop . I am shopping between new and used ones

Can anyone assist me in identifying what year the teardrop would be? is there a sticker somewhere to tell me what year it is?

also a few more questions

what is big difference between
2015, 2016,2017 and 2018? what have they added over the years? do they all have spare tires?

do they have the ability to add brakes? i know 2018 have the flange at the axle, what about previous years if i decide to buy use ones?

thank you all !

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited December 2017

The VIN label can be found at two different places on the driver's side of the trailer. The first location is on the black steel frame member of the tongue below the side of the tub. The second sticker is located on the front lower corner and again on the drivers side of the trailer. I am also told that this information is sometimes located behind the smoke detector inside some of the trailers.

I'm not sure about the model year differences as that's a very broad question. And since the forum was opened up in the summer of 2017 so the model year differences won't be available here.

Electric trailer brakes can be added after the fact but a kit from Dexter Axle will run you about $450-500. If the trailer has an Al-Ko axle and you have a S-19 or SF19 axel, you need 7 inch electric brakes.

If you have an AL-KO axle on your trailer and have the U-19, U-29 or U-35 axel, you will need 10 inch electric brakes. Also, from looking at some of the state laws, you may also need to install a trailer break-away switch also.

Dexter Axle bought up AL-KO about 3-4 years back so you can go to their site and obtain the AL-KO or Dexter axle information you need as they do have an excellent resource area available online. If your trailer is new enough that the sticker is still on the axel, you'll find one of those numbers listed above somewhere on there.

Etrailer.com has the best price for brake drums and parts too. Others have installed brakes on their trailers after buying their trailers. However if it were me and I was considering trailer brakes, I'd order them on a new trailer and be done with it.

Check this out: State by State Trailer Brake Requirements

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

don't believe the 2015 had what I call "the basement"...spare tires weren't part of the standard package until 2018 I believe...

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    ericmoorecoericmooreco Member Posts: 46

I have the underbed storage on my unit, however I don't use it. Mine is a 2015, however it was manufactured in Oct 2014. I have the dexter frame. I have the 11gallon water tank that takes up most the space under sink. The 2nd half of 2015 t@gs have some of the water tank under the bed.

In addtion, I was told on the other LG forum there were 2014 t@gs.

2015 T@G
    Colorado Springs

• Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 12

i got the answer below from nucamp directly, i know they just mention the mayor changes. seem that some of you have mention the details that i need. i hope this post helps people. very little info out there.

Thank you for inquiring about our Tag teardrop trailers.

Here are the changes from 2016 – 2017 and from 2017 - 2018

T@G 2017
    1 New Slide System for Cooler
    2 New Frame w/Crank Down Spare
    3 New Marker Lights
    *a spare tire, front window, and external shower were options to be added to the trailer.

T@G - 2018
    1 New Headboard. Raised Sides with 110/12v/USB outlets installed in the corners
    Dual sliding access door on the front and lit with an LED rope light across the back of the top shelf
    2 Front Window, External Shower and White Spare tire are all now standard features
    3 The TV is now mounted on a swinging door that provides greater storage capabilities
    4 The floor boards are now hinged down the center for greater ease of use and stability
    5 100 watt, Roof Mounted, Flexible Solar Panel Pkg. is an option
    6 License Plate to be mounted on the back hatch door

Thanks,