Options

Replaced Speakers

Purchased these a long time ago to replace the originals. After removing the ceiling speakers, I now know why it sounded like “cracklin. rose” It was all the crap that fell into the speakers from factory. Since we don’t waste battery when camping, we don’t use it. However, when doing mods at home I might turn it on. So this is what fit in that space. Sounds OK. Definitely sounds better.

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

The aluminium sharpie is a know fact and was talked about many times here. I think we simply forget to informe the new forum members or the older ones. 😉

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110

Yes, a speaker upgrade certainly makes a difference.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• Options
    packetjunkiepacketjunkie Member Posts: 72

Curious how the install went - I also got these shallow speakers (from Pyle) and 1" spacers (which I dont think I need), however when I went to install the speakers and the spacers didnt line up. The 6.5" take the speaker right up to the top edge, which is okay, although it will cut down on space usable in the small shelf on the right if I used the spacers.

I considered trying to mount without the spacer, but need to open up the hole a bit.

Did you add any sound dampening behind the speaker? That big open space is ripe for some material that will give the speakers some more bottom end with some sound insulation behind them.

I have a '21 with a rectangle speaker in the headboard, those are going to be a little more tricky to get a good size for.

• Options
    Bob297Bob297 Member Posts: 148

@packetjunkie said:
    Curious how the install went - I also got these shallow speakers (from Pyle) and 1" spacers (which I dont think I need), however when I went to install the speakers and the spacers didnt line up. The 6.5" take the speaker right up to the top edge, which is okay, although it will cut down on space usable

>

We have different year T@Gs with different speaker locations. The install was straight forward. I had to replace one of the connectors (+) side coming out of the ceiling with a slightly larger one. Here’s a pic I took of the maxxfan, but shows the new speakers installed.