Options

Travel into Alaska from the lower 48...what gives??

rich67rich67 Member Posts: 164

I am planning our one year road trip, which of course includes a drive through Canada up to Alaska and back down. I started researching this, and discovered that Canada is not allowing VACATION travel for that purpose into Alaska, and you have to be FULLY VACCINATED from COVID in order to do this. Has anyone found any info that refutes this travel information? From what I can see, you have to either have a residence or job in Alaska, or a residence or job in the US in order to drive through Canada. I don't see this changing between now and 2022 either. Guess I may have to rework my travel plans; which isn't a huge deal, since we have plenty we can see down here...

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Well, I know that US citizen can come driving in canada when they are fully vaccinated even for vacation. You might need a negative test as well.

Searching info on tge canada immigration /custom or border crossing would give you tge full info. You might even be able to talk to someone for official info.

But you might have other thing to do to get i Alaska after that. Might want to check Yukon website as well.

All this you would find on the official website and be sure of the info instead of asking here and get mixed information.

Just saying. 😉

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

I think it was Spock who said it best:

"The needs of the many,

Outweigh the needs,

Of the few,

Or the one."

Say more.....

And suffer the outrageous slings and arrows of moderators......

But spending fully half of my formative years at parochial school sitting alone, battered and bruised, in the hallway should have provided some portent of trouble to come.

Thankfully......it did not.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240