Options

Another issue, water leak under the bed. Not happy!

rich67rich67 Member Posts: 164

I'm beginning to get really frustrated with this trailer. For those who haven't been following any of my posts, my wife and I are traveling for a YEAR in our Tag Boondock. We have a 2019 Boondock edition that we have only taken out on a handful of local trips prior to this, specifically around Georgia and Florida.The trailer is kept in our garage and babied the rest of the time. Within the first month, the tension line for the window shade came off. I just came back one day and noticed it hanging. Not sure how it happened, if a piece of plastic securing it broke, but it's not an easy fix, because you have to remove the entire window surround, and need special tools to remove the mounting screws. Definitely a job for a dealer. Next, both side windows broke off their mountings (this is a common issue I have seen with the Tag) due to faulty glue from the window manufacturer.In order to fix it, Nucamp told me to take it to a dealer, or use some Loctite and clamp the windows then reinstall them. Not an easy fix while on the road for sure. Last night, we ended up getting some rain, and when I lifted the bed this afternoon to get something in the underbed storage, I found a lot of water intrusion soaking the entire side. No clue where THIS is coming from now. Frustrating. Sorry for venting on here, but maybe someone has an idea how to handle the repair best from on the road. Taking it to an RV dealer seems like a lost cause, as most places are saying they are booked for months. Seeing we are not in any place for longer than a week or two, I don't see how I will be able to get into a spot and then be without our camper for however long they keep it for. Ridiculous. If we were in Ohio anytime soon I'd drive it right to NuCamp and ask them to fix it, but that's not even close on our itinerary. Anyone have any suggestions? Are these issues anything anyone OUTSIDE of an RV Dealership can fix? Or do I just have to live with water intrusion and busted windows for the next 9 months? I think as far as the windows go I am going to grab some Loctite and clamps when we get to Texas and try to remedy that on my own.

Comments