Outlet not working-need advice!

I know this has been talked about before and it seems like the recommendation is to check the fuses. I did that and they all seem to be ok but the plug/outlet located on the headboard is suddenly not working. All other ones are. I am trying to avoid hauling it to the dealership and paying who knows what! Has anyone had this issue and fixed it themselves?

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 622

Are you saying the 120V outlet does not work when you are on shorepower?

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Amys2727Amys2727 Member Posts: 2

That is correct. All of them work except one. Of course it is the one I most often use.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 622
    edited March 2022

Is it a GFCI? They don’t last forever and are easily replaced.

Did you check if the breaker flipped?

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632
    edited March 2022

My 2018 5-wide has 4 - 110 volt recepticals (2 plugs each). Test them all. The GFI receptical is likely in the kitchen galley. (while plugged into shore power), press and reset it with the two buttons. (TEST & RESET). Last button to press is RESET.

Fuses are only for the 12 volt side. The breakers control 110 volt side.

While plugged into shore power, turn off all breakers and switch them back on.

(For the 110 volt side to work, you must be plugged into shore power, inverter or generator.)

If, after testing it is just the one receptical (as you have indicated), unplug from shore power and take off the face plate and unswrew the receptical and check that the wires are connected to it securely. If you have a non-contact electrical tester, this is where I would make sure nothing is potentially touching the wires of the non-working receptical, plug back into shore power and test if the wires have power going to them. If power, unplug from shore power and re-do the connections of the receptical (undo and re-do). A new receptical at Home Depot should cost between $1 - $4 (if needed).

If no power exist at the receptical wires after checking while on shore power it may be a wiring problem that would require a lot more investigation (starting at the converter). Any person knowledgable with household electrical would be of benefit. After all it is not rocket science. (But that may be easier than trailer wiring problems).

Good Luck.