Options

Keder Rails on T@G

Does anyone know of a clip that can be put in the keder rail such that I could tie a guy line to it? I typically like to put up a tarp on one side with telescoping poles The challenge is getting it secured to the camper. I use guy lines tied to the grommets on the tarp and have to pull them across the top of the camper and down to the bottom of the other side: the back lines attach to the stabilizer assembly and the front attach to the handles or the front deck. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

I do not have Keder rails installed on my 2018 5-foot wide standard T@G.

I clean some spots and use four suction cups with a tarp and then other end of tarp held up by poles.

My poles are just PVC with 2-foot rebar driven in the ground to hold them. No guy-wires or lines needed.

Even in some strong winds, the suction cups and poles have not failed.

• Options
    DebSDebS Member Posts: 12

Thank you for the reply. I have bought many suction cups and cannot get them to hold — much less in wind.

• Options
    rasras Member Posts: 175
    edited June 2023

I successfully use suction cups too. I think cleaning the location with windex and a rag or a window wipe before placement is the key.. Edited. I use exactly the same suction cups as GulfCoast below, I have traveled thousands of miles with them clamped to the roof of our T@G.

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• Options
    GulfCoastGulfCoast Member Posts: 79

We bought a set of these heavy duty suction cups to anchor an awning. They stay attached for months.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08N13T8X2

I like @JamesDow's rebar and PVC pipe idea. Simplicity is a good thing.

• Options
    DebSDebS Member Posts: 12

I have those same suction cups. I'm going to try and clean them with alcohol and then clean the roof locations, as I have not had success getting these to stay on.

Yes, I do like the rebar idea. That assumes, though, you can get the rebar into the ground.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 636
    edited June 2023

We use these for our Sun shelter:

iRomic Heavy Duty Vacuum Suction Cups Hooks (4Pack) Specialized for Kitchen&Bathroom&Restroom Organization
    Touch the image to zoom in

iRomic Heavy Duty Vacuum Suction Cups Hooks (4Pack) Specialized for Kitchen&Bathroom&Restroom Organization
    Brand: iRomic
    4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 1,245 ratings
    Amazon's
    Choice
    in Home Storage Kitchen Towel Hooks by iRomic
    -24% $15.99$15.99 ($4.00$4.00 / Count)
    List Price: $20.99$20.99
    Same-Day
    FREE Returns

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    rcareyrcarey Member Posts: 3

I would caution using suction cups. I have an outdoor changing room mounted on the rack that came with my Tag XL. On a recent trip to Idaho, I was using suction cups to secure parts of the room to my Tag. The suction cups on the sides were fine. I did use one on the roof as well. I noticed the one I used on the roof now has permanently left a circle in the paint where the suction cups was. I speculate that the suction cup on the top was exposed to more heat due to direct sunlight and was the cause of the damage to the paint. YMMV.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632
    edited June 2023

@rcarey, my suction cups are clear and have been exposed to very high desert sun and my T@G has not experienced any marks or discoloring.

Were your suction cups clear?

I experenced discoloring on my car by placing a black water/shower bag on it. After about 8 months it finally faded away.

Thanks for the word of caution.