Options

Microwave Removal in T#G XL

2»

Comments

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

I like the idea. Please post up photos when you do that mod.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Where does the time go. As Dr Who once said: "Time is linear. It's the speed of your racing thoughts that throttle up and down."

I've installed a couple of cheesy magnetic door holder-shutter-thingys and am satisfied with the doors hanging where they are. I'll not be changing that. I did my sanding duty and also put another coat of stain on and the drawer-slide project is done. While I was at it... (Said Genghis Khan, looking across the steppes of Russia) I decided to use the scrap and have a quick experiment of better utilizing the small space directly to the right of the sink in the under-sink cabinet. I built a small, deep drawer that fit quite well into the space and will use it for silverware and spatulas, etc. It looks a bit rough and needs a bunch more TLC but I'm happy with how it came out. I have work to do making a hanging support of some kind for the left drawer slide end but it will come to me. I don't want to make a leg that goes down because it will impede access to the space below the drawer. Something clever will come to me. Here's what I have for now:

In the photo, you can see the end of the left drawer slide support sort of dangling out in space looking forlorn and ugly. As the Mongols said while gazing at the Crimean Peninsula, "There's more work to be done here."
    Ce La Vie.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

Hmm? I've seen people levitate but never drawers. What type of voodoo are you using to keep that side up?

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    edited March 2018

Bill,
    I'm very clever in that "Harry Potter" sort of way! Rather than post a lengthy diatribe, I took a photo of the subframe. The 1/2x 1 1/4" pine strip support is glued and screwed together. The cross-strips attach to the bottom of the long runners. The right side runner attaches to the cabinet with wood screws and the left side runner attaches to the back of the sink cabinet with a small L-bracket. Pretty simple.

I've decided on using a small 1/2" wide piece of aluminum angle hung from the backside of the cabinet above down to the face of the 1/2x1 1/4" pine trim that holds the slide. It'll be small and unobtrusive but plenty stout to hold things in place. Actually, I don't think I would even need to put anything there but the drawer will be heavy with my silverware treasures and subject to bouncing about. Running the support will eliminate any potential interference with getting things out from underneath. This little mini-project has been almost an afterthought but will go far to reducing the headaches I've had with where to put the da****ed...I mean darned utensils. Best use of space I've come up with so far. Now I just need to protect myself from rushing out and buying a bunch of junk, er....I mean important widgets to replace the stuff I moved into the drawer....

Aaaaahhh. David Bowie reference to Voodoo:

"You remind me of the babe!
    What babe?
    The babe with the power!
    What power?
    The power of Voodoo!
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!"

From the movie "Labyrinth"

I can remember pretty much every lyric and jingle I like from every movie and book I've ever read.....Now if I can just remember my appointment next Monday to have my windshield replaced.......

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

My how things change. Last weekend we had to use the Jeep to get through 14 inches of new snow in the driveway and today it's 75 degrees and the snoow has been replaced by the yard, all crusty and brown with a fine layer of drying mold. This weather change probably signals our typical 3 day soring before going into summer.
    I crawled under the trailer after our weekend campout and sealed the bottom A/C vent, then pulled both cowbell fans and reversed them to blow out. I had built a box where the A/C was and that seals off the interior except for the two vents on either side of the A/C enclosure (now clothes closet) so now turning on the fans pulls air out of the cabin and vents it through the cowbells. I had previously disconnected and removed the lower 12 volt A/C fan. I also rubber mounted the fans so they are now much quieter. Should provide a nice low speed air exchange for sleeping. Heading out again this weekend for camping and another test...
    WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

Rubber mounting the fans is on my list of tasks. Low priority for me as we have yet to use the AC, but do have a beach trip planned this Summer.

• Options

Rubber mounting makes a dramatic difference in fan noise. Unfortunately, it's hard to hear any difference over the a/c roar. I use the reversed, rubber mounted fans for airflow while stopped and often forget they are running. They keep the air fresh and humidity down.
    WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    lipciolipcio Member Posts: 41
    edited November 2020

*** FREE *** If you want to remove your microwave from t@g XL to have some extra storage I have brand new set of 10" doors with pull rods, mounting screws, catches and 1" spacer. It was sent to me by mistake from nuCamp. If you live in Portland, OR you can pick it up for free. If not, you have to pay for shipping. Color golden brown. PM me if interested. I posted it here and on FB so first come, first served.