2016 T@G Little Guy - Stargazer Window replacement question

McTagMcTag Member Posts: 3
Hello friends - has anyone replaced their Stargazer window? I'd like to know if there is a source other than a dealer  or nuCamp for the part. I've learned on this forum the window is one piece (acrylic). there is no separate part to secure the window to the rail on the roof that allows the window to hinge. Unfortunately, this requires an entire new window replacement.

I bought from a private seller who didn't disclose the failing window - I failed to look closely during inspection...live and learn.
If it helps anyone out there, the part number for the window is: 82-00-7647 & can be ordered fron nuCamp ($345). I'd be inerested to know if anyone has installed this on their own. Thanks

Comments

• RayjoeJimRayjoeJim Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2
    They have redesigned the windows for the Tab 400 now they have metal hinges, installation requires new holes to be drilled when installing the window.  They might have redesigned the windows and added metal hinges for all the other sized trailers also. The acrylic hinges don't hold well on the older style windows. Might want to look into that before purchasing a window.

Subaru Crosstrek 2016

• McTagMcTag Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. nuCamp mentioned a new design for the TAB 400s. I'm headed to a dealer next week to find out more. Hopefully can get a new hinge vs whole new window.