Norcold NRF 30 too cold

My Norcold cooler gets too cold no matter what the temp setting is at. It froze everything on our last outing. Does anyone know how to gain access to the thermistor which I suspect is the culprit. According to the schematic there is a spare, but I could not locate the wire.

Comments

• UpNortUpNort Member Posts: 4
    My Norcold cooler is original to my 2014 Pleasant Valley T@G. I was having issues with voltage errors, as others on this forum which I fixed and will discuss on the appropriate post. The last couple of trips taken I was having the freezing issue as originally posted.  I chatted online with customer service at Norcold and was given the link to the parts diagram and service centers which I already had. The NRF-30 is no longer being manufactured or supported. Kind of like your old android phone. I called and visited several service centers in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and nobody wants to touch it. As my original post states the schematic shows a spare temp sensor. I removed the controller and cut the zip tie to the wire bundle and found the wire for the spare temp sensor as shown in the attached picture. The connector is hot glued onto the control board so you will have to be careful when removing, either with a razor knife or a solder iron. Be careful not to wiggle connector too much or you will loosen solder joint at control board. It may have been put there as a tamper seal. The cooler now operates as its supposed to. There is a RV dealer in Massachusetts that has bought up and is selling new control panels on Ebay. While I was trying to figure out what to do, I researched and found a cooler that will fit into the same space without any modifications. Its an Igloo ICF-32. This cooler has 2 liters more space and runs quieter and less frequently than the Norcold. Igloo was sold to Dometic a couple of years ago so basically your getting their cooler for half the price.