Options

Stain Used In T@G

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
edited March 2018 in Modifications & Upgrades

I contacted NuCamp and asked about the dark stain that was used. He told me it is Golden Brown from Keim Lumber. Per Kiem's response they only sell commercially. He said it needs to be spray coated not brushed (as it will move around stain). I suspect I could get it through someone, but I suspect the amount of stain might be too much and expensive for what I need. Has anyone found a stain that was a really good match? I thought I read something, but I seem to have issues with the search on this site.
Linda

Comments

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

Odds are that you will have a hard time buying a perfect matching stain retail. The colors you see in the store will not look the same once on your items. Now if you are like me, and have 20 or so different stains sitting around the shop, you may be able to mix and match a few to get close...or close enough.

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

I used this on cuts made on boards and it matched. Can’t promise an entire new board would next to existing. Minwax English chestnut

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Polyshades American chestnut...I used the satin finish...Minwax product...touch up pens I started with originally were Red Mahogany and Dark Walnut they worked well for small screw holes...

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    Otis_60Otis_60 Member Posts: 37

Has anyone tried contacting NuCamp to see if there is a way to get a small amount from them. Maybe send them an empty pint or half-pint paint can with a few dollars and postage for the return journey.

Thanks,
    Greg
    2017 Little Guy XL MAX Outback Ed.
    1st TV 2015 MB GL450
    2nd TV 2016 Mazda CX-5
    3rd TV 1999 Ford F350 7.3l diesel

• Options
    BobRBobR Member Posts: 17

For small screw holes in the galley wall I used Minwax Red Mahogany wood putty (#925) covered with Miniwax Red Mahogany Stain marker (225), then wiped it down. Excellent color and fininsh match for those pesky little remodeling holes!

Bob Richert
    2018 T@G Outback
    2017 Jeep Rubicon
    Ranger the Golden Retriever

• Options
    willbingham1willbingham1 Member Posts: 63

I can concur that the Minwax Polyshades satin in American Chestnut is an almost perfect match for wood stain in my 2017 T@G. Just completed are refit of T.V. and opened cabinet behind and stain/poly matched right up for cabinet mod. Just so happened I had a can left over from a cabinet I built previously for my Ham Radio equipment in the house. What luck! The gods are watching out for us even when we sleep.