Options

Froli system?

Just watched a YouTube video and saw something that goes under the mattress for added support called a froli. Anyone know what this is about ?

Fort Myers FL.
2015 T@G Max

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

I Googled Froli and this link has many answers. nüCamp uses the Froli system on the T@B 400 and there are many compliments, few complaints about it.

Be careful when Googling. I came across one link that had a caution saying it was a link to a fraudulent link, not to the Froli System.

http://www.frolisleepsystems.com/faq.html

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2018

It is standard on the T@G Sofitel model also.

https://blog.nucamprv.com/tag-sofitel-package/

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    1luvFishing1luvFishing Member Posts: 28
  • Options
    Scotty49Scotty49 Member Posts: 23

We installed the system when we purchased our T@G XL Outback last August. It's fabulous... More comfortable than our Tempur-pedic mattress at home. It was our first mod. Easy to install and no need for any additional foam.

• Options
    WilliWilli Member Posts: 22

Do each of the sections need to be bolted down? If you don’t mind telling me how much was the whole system. And does it affect the way the mattresses pivot up-and-down for storage.

Fort Myers FL.
    2015 T@G Max

• Options

I purchased the Froli "Star" system from Nickel Atlantic. I measured the size of the bed area in the T@G XL and plotted out the number of pieces required. The total cost was ~ $200 + shipping. I installed it on a Saturday afternoon in my garage in Phoenix. It was the first time I tried out the AC in the teardrop!
    The platform is light weight; does not require to be bolted down. It is not a problem at all to raise the mattress and Froli using the the plywood cover to get to the underneath storage compartments on either side. I hope that helps you. It was the first mod that I made when I received our T@G.

• Options
    BobRBobR Member Posts: 17

How much does the Froli raise the mattress off or the deck?

Bob Richert
    2018 T@G Outback
    2017 Jeep Rubicon
    Ranger the Golden Retriever

• Options

About an inch and a half... the design of the “springs” seems to be what makes the system so comfortable.

• Options
    BethSBethS Member Posts: 3

Nickle Atlantic is currently having a President's Day sale until Feb 24 where you get 20% off if you use the code PS19.

Beth
    Washington State

2018 T@G Boondock

2018 Subaru Outback

• Options
    konjurerkonjurer Member Posts: 5

If you experience pain like I do, this is a CHEAP and easy upgrade. There are ways to get a 15% discount. Elke from Nickle Atlantic was wonderful to deal with.

Stopped tent camping 10 years ago due to shoulder and hip pain. I'm also a big guy (>300 lbs) and getting a good night of sleep is not easy for me. Currently I have a Sleep Number bed at home. Installed my Froli System in a nuCamp Tag XL teardrop camper using the OEM 3" mattress that came with the Tag. Added 3" of memory foam. For the first time in a very long time, I slept without waking up multiple times and experienced NO PAIN. Amazing!

Easy to install. There is a Youtube video that shows the layout for a nuCamp Tag XL. I snapped the pieces into 5 sections; one for each storage area, 1 long section under the headboard and two more under the cabinet area. Assembled each section on the kitchen table inside my house and then Velcro'ed into place in the Tag with just a piece of velco in each section. Maybe took me 1 hour to install. I used two boxes of the "springs" and had left over pieces.

Froli is completely customizable. At first, my wife and I didn't like the "red" lumber support pieces. However, I think one row in the lower back area is going to be good for me - taking pressure off my hip. Hard to explain the feel of this thing. It cradles the pressure points from better angles that pushing straight up like a traditional box spring. Brilliantly engineered product.

• Options
    zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 206

I have been interested in the Froli for some time, but was fairly happy without it.....and then I stumbled on one for sale on another forum. Very slightly used, boxed up and ready to ship, for $100. It didn't take me but a few seconds to contact the seller and send my $$.

I got it, installed it, and can't wait to really spend a night on it. The nap I took in the garage was pretty good though!! =)

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• Options
    danpdanp Member Posts: 44

I guess inflation is hitting everything. I am interested in the Froli Star system but it looks like it is going to take the double plus one expansion pack for 58" x 78". $ 361.00 plus tax.

None of the coupons seem to work so guessing this is the price. Do they run sales?

Thanks

Dan

• Options

Mine arrived and looking forward to installing. I quit tenting to get off the ground and I am getting Frolied to get more comfortable. Will let you know how it works. dp

• Options
    SpeckmanSpeckman Member Posts: 11

We just installed our Froli bed support. I think my husband will be more comfortable on our long trips. We placed the soft springs for the hip area instead of shoulder. We’ll see everyone at Ucamp 22.

• Options
    StevielevyStevielevy Member Posts: 2

On a scale of one to ten, we give it a 12.

• Options

Going to try mine for the first time this weekend. I didn't have enough for full coverage so I used pool noodle for the foot area where I will need it least. Planning a Watkins Glenn State Park the last week of July to give it a better test.

• Options
    HikinMikeHikinMike Member Posts: 400

Mine came with the Froli Travel system without the tension inserts. Im not impressed. I will order some of the tensioners to see if that helps.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge 5W
    2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
    2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe

• Options

Worked okay for 2 nights, definitely better than the stock mattress. Side sleeper so hips shoulders, and ribs are the main concerns. May add the tensioners in the key spots to see if that helps.