Options

Unknown Fan Noise

Hello All,
A little help needed. Today I plugged my trailer into shore power to top off the battery, then went into the trailer to get something out of it. While in the trailer I could hear what sounded like a fan was on. It was loudest near the fuse panel. The only time I hear it is with the battery switch "on" AND shore power hooked up. Electrical lined up in any other configuration it goes off.
The things that I have checked that it is NOT: A/C, Vent fan for A/C, Ceiling Vent fan, Water pump, Fridge/Cooler.

The only thing I can possibly think of that it could be is the Microwave since it only works when hooked up to shore power.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks,
Greg
2017 Little Guy XL MAX Outback Ed.
1st TV 2015 MB GL450
2nd TV 2016 Mazda CX-5
3rd TV 1999 Ford F350 7.3l diesel

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

The converter has a fan that runs occasionally to cool its internals. It usually goes off after awhile. No worries...
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Otis_60Otis_60 Member Posts: 37

OK. That makes sense. Where is the fan drawing air from?

Thanks,
    Greg
    1st TV 2015 MB GL450
    2nd TV 2016 Mazda CX-5

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

There are vents on the sides of the converter. It draws air from behind the face of the cabinet.

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Otis_60Otis_60 Member Posts: 37

Thanks for putting my mind at ease William.

Thanks,
    Greg
    1st TV 2015 MB GL450
    2nd TV 2016 Mazda CX-5

• Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 271

Fingered that one out a couple hours ago. Same situation, first time hookup to recharge battery. Think since so low may be checking quality of the 3 year old battery with no maintenance as the rest of the trailer. Funny the previous owner was a chief engineer merchant. Don't think the trailer has been used much the last couple years. A late 2017

Gig Harbor Tom
    Trl '17 T@G Max
    TV 2018 Mazda CX9 Signature