Options

2018 T@G Televison question

I have seen that some peopl have been able to tilt their TV down to help watch while laying in the bed. Was just wondering how you do this? I was looking at it and see a bar with a spring in the back and it was really hard to push down. Just did not want to break it if i was messing with the wrong thing

San Diego, CA
2018 T@G boondock
2011 Subaru Outback

Comments

• Options
    LightningdonLightningdon Member Posts: 110

The key for me was to add a strap to the bar you see in back, so I can get an easy grab to pull that bar down. That releases the TV to tilt or to remove from the bracket altogether.

• Options
    michaelsandovalngcmichaelsandovalngc Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2018

@Lightningdon said:
    The key for me was to add a strap to the bar you see in back, so I can get an easy grab to pull that bar down. That releases the TV to tilt or to remove from the bracket altogether.

Ok so that cross bar on the top in the back releases the TV? That is what i really needed to know. Adding a strap would be a great idea cause i tried to push it down and was like “ i might break this thing”. Thanks for the input. Really appreciate it

San Diego, CA
    2018 T@G boondock
    2011 Subaru Outback

• Options
    AnacortesArmyGuyAnacortesArmyGuy Member Posts: 25

Yes, that bar is the release. Attaching a strap that hangs down the back with the end below the TV’s bottom edge allows you to grab it and pull down, while at the same time with your other hand on the TV’s top edge pulling the top toward you. Reverse this to stow it for transit.

2017 T@G Max
    2016 Subaru Crosstrek
    Anacortes, WA

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

TV 😍

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    michaelsandovalngcmichaelsandovalngc Member Posts: 29

@AnacortesArmyGuy said:
    Yes, that bar is the release. Attaching a strap that hangs down the back with the end below the TV’s bottom edge allows you to grab it and pull down, while at the same time with your other hand on the TV’s top edge pulling the top toward you. Reverse this to stow it for transit.

Perfect thanks. Have not even used the TV once but wanted to know before i had to use it.

San Diego, CA
    2018 T@G boondock
    2011 Subaru Outback