Options

Entertainment system

AspenAspen Member Posts: 45

I regretfully haven't had much time to mess around with the radio and TV in my new T@G yet, but seeking ideas for watching something during an upcoming rainy camping weekend. I programmed the TV but receive no channels (in my driveway, at least) so not sure if it won't work without cable hookup? I'm thinking of bringing the laptop and connecting it to the TV with an HDMI cable to watch Netflix on a Verizon hotspot. Does anybody have an suggestions for a small portable DVD player that will run off 12v power? I was under the assumption that the T@G had a DVD player?... but like I said I haven't had time to explore the radio and TV too much. What do folks use? Any input or suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks?

Comments

• Options
    Fourman110Fourman110 Member Posts: 229

I use the DVD player that came with my 2018 Boondock XL. The two remotes (tv and entertainment center) were a little confusing but it works.

What antenna did you have hooked up? If you didn’t have one, that’s probably the problem. Mine works a lot better with the booster that came with the antenna. Here’s how I mounted mine. http://teardrop-trailers.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/248/my-mods#latest

“I'm T@G-ing Out"
    Jay

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

For sure, you did not have time to explore. ;)

Dvd player is in the Jensen radio unit on the lowere left side of the foot wall, it run from the 12 system like the Television. Television need an external antenna a minimum ( digital type) to pic up any channel if not using cable. And yes, you can use a hdmi cable in the televison,

Have fun. And btw, it would have take about as much time exploring this than writting your post. ;):)

• Options
    AspenAspen Member Posts: 45

Thank you @Fourman110 !... I appreciate it... And I will look into your other post, as well as the remote control combinations. And @LuckyJ , I would have gladly saved both you and myself the time of posting if I were not away out of town and had access to my T@G!

• Options
    OutdoorEdOutdoorEd Member Posts: 110

I think there are a couple of other threads discussing how to connect TV to tablet & run the sound thru the ceiling speakers, and maybe one about diffrent antennae, too. You might try the Search button in upper right corner.

Ed & Karen
    2017 T@G Max XL
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Hey @aspen don't worry about it. But it was curious that you had time to set-up the TV and did not notice the slot on the Jensen that you needed on to listen to the Tv white noise. And even so, we did took time to answer your question! :)

i know what anticipation is with our little T@G. Every time I am away and I can not look at or look into it to answer one of my own question, I feel like I am missing something. :)

• Options
    mikewingo1955mikewingo1955 Member Posts: 25

I've been having trouble getting the Jensen unit to pair with my phone when we are camping. Pairs very quick when we are at home, but when I try to pair it in the campground I keep getting a message to turn the unit on or get in range. I'm getting the Jensen into pairing mode, but it won't. Anyone else run into this problem?