Options

Burner goes out on stove

2»

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

@Jms said:
    Sounds good. Thanks. We recently had to have the bloated battery in our 3 year old MacBook Pro replaced. $300! Ouch!

Mine has been trying to go home (Apple Store) since I bought it. On the upside, I purchased the extended warranty so once they get done making it stronger, better,faster (Col Steve Austin) I'll be able to still use it while the warranty is in force. They FINALLY decided that the wifi/bluetooth chip is bad and replaced it. I'm excited to find out how it works with a mouse, keyboard and internet all at the same time! Should be fun! I'm waiting for the Apple Store to open as I write this so I can pick it up.
    I'll ship your package tomorrow morning. I'll p.m. you with shipping details, etc.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    JmsJms Member Posts: 50

Thanks! Glad you’re getting your Mac back. Now when it’s processing things, it will make the six million dollar man sound. 🙂 I’ll look for your message tomorrow.

• Options
    NsummersNsummers Member Posts: 4

WilliamA, any left?

I want to know why curiosity kill the cat.

• Options

@Nsummers said:
    WilliamA, any left?

I have 1 left.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    NsummersNsummers Member Posts: 4

I'll take it! Sorry, on travel for work. How have you worked out payment and logistic with others?

I want to know why curiosity kill the cat.

• Options

@Nsummers said:
    I'll take it! Sorry, on travel for work. How have you worked out payment and logistic with others?

No problem, PM me a shipping address and I will ship it out USPS. I'll let you know the details...

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

I can't find my own thread (which is nothing new) on the topic, but in any case have sourced material for making more stove burner wind shields. I have enough for 4 and can get more if needed. If anyone is interested, let me know. Still $32.65 each including shipping.

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@WilliamA said:
    I can't find my own thread (which is nothing new) on the topic, but in any case have sourced material for making more stove burner wind shields. I have enough for 4 and can get more if needed. If anyone is interested, let me know. Still $32.65 each including shipping.

WilliamA

Lol, cause it is not your original tread, it is this one. Just look in the first page, you will see all your detail and fab process. =)

• Options

Luc,
    Yeah, I'm getting to the age where I am the absent-minded person I used to make fun of! On the bright side, when I get up to my list of things I want to do for the day, my physical training program is built in simply because I walk for miles a day trying to remember the thing I set out to do....

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options

@WilliamA said:
    Luc,
    Yeah, I'm getting to the age where I am the absent-minded person I used to make fun of! On the bright side, when I get up to my list of things I want to do for the day, my physical training program is built in simply because I walk for miles a day trying to remember the thing I set out to do....

WilliamA

=) I am not to far behind you on that long walk! I might No catch you as long as you walk, but if You fall, I will help you out! B)

• Options
    Colorado0712Colorado0712 Member Posts: 9

I am very interested if there are any left.

• Options
    waddilldwaddilld Member Posts: 1

I would love to take one off your hands please.

• Options

Hey guys,

I'm making some more today. Send me a PM with your shipping address and I will get them out the door to you...

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    willbingham1willbingham1 Member Posts: 63

Hey, William, glad your cottage business is helping out all the folks with their TAGS. Good work and blessings. Bill

• Options

Maybe I should start making them, aluminium could be cheaper on this side of the border since your pres is charging more i port taxes. :)

• Options
    edited March 2019

Well, I've been busy making stove shields as fast as I can source material and have even had time to tweak the design so now I can offer 2 different models. Great....just great....lol
    The new design is 90% of the original with a couple of modifications. First, I'm bending them up from 1/16" aluminum stock as opposed to the 1/8" stock I was using. Other than they are lighter by an ounce or two, the difference here is I can get much tighter and nicer bends with the thinner material. Second, the new ones are slightly shorter so they sit exactly the same height as the top of the burner grate. I tried one of the new ones on my stove and found it to be very nice and it seems to work just as well as the old design. I'm designating the two: "Tall" and "Short". I really don't think it makes much difference as I've tried both, but folks who go into really windy areas and use smaller pans and small coffee pots might prefer the taller one. Folks who use lots of larger pans might prefer the short one. For now, I've already sold all of them I made up and need to go out for more material. I'll be making both again this coming week.

Here's the "new" design. It's the "Short" one. Curious engineers might notice that the mending plate on the end is slightly off-center. That's on purpose and is so the rivets don't contact the burner. I've got to offset them one way or the other just a tad.

I have 3 going out on Monday so if you haven't heard from me and want one, then keep bugging me. I don't mind the PM's and need to try and keep my order que up to date. If you haven't received a shipping/information PM from me, ring my bell again....I'll get back to you.

As an off-topic note, I promised my son I'd post a photo or two of one of the other projects we have going on as well. We're currently building him an R/C plane from foam board and are having a great time. The plane is mostly done and we are just waiting for our electronics and motor (electric) order to get here this coming week. Will is super excited. Me too!

Eagle-eyed gawkers might see the pile of stove shields on the counter in various stages of shipping. Our motto is why do one project when you can have 5 running at a time. Keeps things interesting....

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    lipciolipcio Member Posts: 41

William,

Any homemade stove burner wind shields this season?

• Options

Yeah, I still have the jig. I can make one up. PM me your shipping address with full name (USPS requires it) and I'll get one made up and off to you. Cost with shipping is $32.65

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    nichutchy4nichutchy4 Member Posts: 15

Just got a Tag 5w and took it out for my first trip - and low and behold this was one of the first notes I made re: issues to solve. Any chance you'd be up for making me one?

On that note - anyone know why the propane stove doesn't work when the 12v battery is dead? Or how to get around the issue?

2018 Mazda CX-5
    2020 T@G 5w
    Arlington, VA

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Do not know what year your T@G is. I believe after 2018 they added a solenoid which shuts off the gas when the rear hatch is closed. If no power to that solenoid, then no gas to the stove.

• Options

I have my own thoughts on the electric "safety" solenoid which decorum prevents me from sharing here. What I can say is that if I had a safety solenoid, I wouldn't have a safety solenoid. I am safety conscious to the point of fanaticism about gas but find that when not actually using the stove, turning off the gas bottle is a "can't-fail" technique. I'm quite certain that there is such a thing as a mechanical, lever operated valve available somewhere that would work with a push-pull cable, offer the same protection and use no voltage.
    Just a thought...

WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    edited June 2020

@nichutchy4 said:
    Just got a Tag 5w and took it out for my first trip - and low and behold this was one of the first notes I made re: issues to solve. Any chance you'd be up for making me one?

I happen to have one "in-stock"....somewhere....might be in the trailer or the shed....(where's my coffee cup? It was here just a minute ago).
    I'm that kind of guy. PM me for details...
    WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.