Options

2018 Tag XL max outback solar

We brought a 2018 tag outback edition in July, found out 3 weeks later that that solar charging system wasn't working. Tried to get information about it. We had none. Camper was taken to dealer, where it just set there collecting dust, they never looked at it. Took the camper and went camping the a weekend. I saw wires a at mc-4 connection on the roof. Ordered the tool for disconnecting the fitting, the wire was not crimped to the fitting inside. Ordered new mc-4 solar cable connectors, installed and crimped fitting to cable. Works great now. Thanks to Amazon and U-tube. However why is there no information that comes with the Tag on solar panels, charge controller, connections, how system works would be nice. Nu Camp you to step up to the plate. This isn't asking much.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139

I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles. nüCamp does not read this forum. Please send an email to warranty@nucamprv.com so the warranty department can follow up on your problems.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Administrator Posts: 517

We will pass this one along to nüCamp and agree, if you're not familiar with solar and didn't get some type of operating instructions/manual, etc. I'm certain they will resolve your issue. I have met a few people with the panels, but I'm not familiar with what goes with a new trailer (with mounted panels) so far as brochures, etc.

But as Verna noted you can contact the warranty area and am sure they will help you out. They just started mounting the fixed panels and am sure this will be easily resolved.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400