Options

Water pump issue

memphiahnmemphiahn Member Posts: 39

Dear all—Is there anybody who had and fixed a water pump issue in our T@G trailer? My 2018 T@G XL Outback does’t pump any water (city water and external showe work just fine). I tried to use the water pump before but it did not work when I bought it 8 months ago. I justed moved on since I didn’t need the water pump. Now when I am doing dry camping, I need the water pump. Is there any usual suspect that I might miss? One of my neighbor veteran camper also did not figure it out.

By the way, I have gone to Boise, ID, from Memphis and I will drop by Yellowstone before coming back home. I will post more pics when I am ready. Meanwhile I post a pic from the Shoshone Falls, the Niagara Falls in the West.

Best,
Memphi@hn

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311
    edited June 2018

Memphi@hn,
    Here are a couple things to try:
    Does the pump run?
    Do you have water in the tank? I'm asking because I missed that once.
    Check for voltage on the red wire to the pump. Check the fuse. There is a fuse in the converter box.
    Check for a ground from the pump (black wire) to the frame.
    Check the pressure switch. Most problems originate at the switch. In some RV's, the switch is on the water valve. In T@G's, the pressure switch is on the bottom of the pump. The switch is a diaphram style that reacts to (opens, shutting off the pump) water pressure at a preset pressure. In the T@G, it's
    3.7 bar (3.7 atmospheres, or about 45 psi depending on your elevation.) Occasionally they will stick in the open position. You'll see two wires terminating into the back of the pump at the bottom. Take a plastic handled screwdriver and tap on the bottom of the housing.
    (No...really! Probably not a good time for you to deploy your 24 ounce framing hammer)
    Check for water in the filter.
    If it's not one of those things, you'll need the services of a young priest and an old priest....
    Let me know what you find...

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    BrianBrian Member Posts: 26

Also check the small screen filter on the suction side of the pump to make sure it isn’t clogged or that the cover is loose allowing air to leak in. Keep in mind that the water level in the tank must be higher than the tank outlet. This means over an inch of water in the bottom of the tank is not usable.

Brian & Lisa
    North Georgia
    2017 T@G Max XL / 2011 Kia Sorento

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

This from the old owners forum shows how to prime it.

http://golittleguy.com/forum/#/discussion/comment/59665

“Our dealer showed us how to prime the pump by removing the fitting on the right side of the pump, turning the pump on then the faucet. Be sure to put a cup under the pipe to catch the water once it begins to flow. Here is a link to an annotated photo I have saved in my notes for future reference”. https://flic.kr/p/VQY7Gi

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Menphiahn,
    Just wondering how the pump problem is turning out? Perhaps I had mistakenly assumed the the pump wasn't running at all? Love to hear the follow up on this one.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    memphiahnmemphiahn Member Posts: 39

Thank you all! I just got out of the Yellowstone with no Internet connection.

But all your suggestions did not work out. I could still have missed something or there may be some factory defect just like my solar panel (that was fixed). I will visit my dealer next week.

Best,