Options

New to teardrop life.

rickwe818rickwe818 Member Posts: 37
edited August 2018 in Newbie 101 Tips

My wife and I just bought a Tag by Nucamp, we bought it used from another couple. Although, it is less than a year old, and has had very little use, what things should we be checking maintenance wise? Also, any tips for beginners would much be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396
    edited August 2018

Welcome !!!!

If you havent already, read every post top to bottom =)

Maintenance is mostly looking after the wheel bearings and keeping all of the seals/weather stripping in good working order.

Take a look at the modification posts and see what you would like to add to the trailer. There are some simple yet very helpful ones. Once you go out a few times you will no doubt have a few ideas of your own.

Mostly just go out and camp and enjoy yourselves, but you will have to get used to people coming up to you and giving them the nickle tour. ;)

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options

Hi... I’m now a happy T@G owner. 2018 5 ft Aqua. Looking to join up with teardrop rallies and learn how people personalize this small space!

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 635

Welcome to the Forum @PatriciaValentine! Nice early X-mas present! We need pictures - especially if you live in a warm environment. We woke up to snow on the ground here in Cleveland - having a white Christmas afterall.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options
    FayFay Member Posts: 1

Bought a T@G a few months ago and went on a 3 day inaugural trip in the fall. I'm going on a much longer trip in about a month, starting in Northern New England and going to Florida. I will be using heat, water, and bathroom for the first time on this trip. It feels a little overwhelming, but I find these discussions very helpful. For instance, I just read a post on how to clean potable water tank. Very helpful!!

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Welcome to all ....@fay...enjoy yourself...hubby and I did a 32 day trip last year from Ontario Canada all the way to gulf shores Alabama...awesome trip....and for 1 week it rained... luckily we had set up our screen tent before the storm started...uncorked the vino and enjoyed ourselves...

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder