Options

Radio interference - Jenson AWM968

I cannot get good reception on the am channels - there is a lot of background whine and humming. Read on another forum that it was electromagnetic interference cause by the power converter. Turned off shore power and had 100% better reception. Any ideas of how to overcome this. Contacted warranty and they were unaware of this problem. We have a 2017 TAG Max XL - purchased in May of 2018.

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Youcan need a noise filter for am. Every car when I was a kid had one on the ground circuit or radio chassis. There are dozens of them on Amazon. The best ones ground both the radio chassis and trailer frame. If you like am radio, consider a better (longer) aantenna. I switched from the bee stinger to a 4 foot CB antenna and now have more than 60 stations (am and fm) that weren't available before. The short stinger is cute an...well, it's cute. Works great as long as you don't listen to the radio. Anything you add to the trailer roof rack makes the stock antenna worse, assuming that's possible.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 139
    edited August 2018

Here is what I installed on my Jenson in the T@B S Max I had: