Options

An open apology to the forum and NuCamp

After re-reading some of my older posts (for grammar and spelling...Captain OCD! AWAY!!!) It occurs to me that some of my commentary is a bit harsh. While it's true that I get a little wrapped around the axle from time to time about details and many of my criticisms are rooted in facts, it's not a license for me to get snarky about design and use of our treasures. I apologize for any bent feelings caused by my overly exuberant critique of either the trailers' design or an owners modifications of that. To be sure, I have great regard for my little house and the folks who built it. I can but imagine the headaches of trying to build a trailer that fits everyone and don't envy those who do the work. I hope that anyone bothered by my past tantrums will accept that it's not my intent to openly criticize but rather inform and participate with information that may be useful.

My sincere apology.
WilliamA :)

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments

• Options
    HellFishHellFish Member Posts: 140

Ok, I accept. But I appreciate straight talk that gets to the facts and the point with not a lot of concern for "hand-holding" and fear of being accused of hating on NuCamp. So, keep on keeping on William. I've learned a few things from your comments and I appreciate your posts. (I have cried myself to sleep many times though after reading them.)

2014 T@G

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

William..no apology required. ALL your posts are awsome and great fun.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited September 2018

William, the fact that you take the time to help out others, add substance, useful information and participate daily in the forum speaks volumes. That’s the beauty of the forum and it’s members as there is a wealth of knowledge and experience spread out among the members and it’s a great thing to see people reach out to others, offer a helping hand, provide useful tips and information to newbies and well seasoned campers. Thank you for being a frequent and participating forum member as it’s greatly appreciated!

As for criticizing nuCamp or their trailers, there isn’t an issue pointing out latent defects or deficiencies if it’s done in a tactful and constructive manner. In fact many of the improvements and innovations that have occurred over the years are a result of forum member feedback, suggestions and ideas. I have had this conversation with nuCamp CEO Scott Hubble many times in the past and will just say that his eyes light up and a smile comes across his face as he has stated that they appreciate constructive input, feedback and suggestions from their customers and also, “who knows the trailers better than those out in the field actually using them!” And he notes that not only does nuCamp appreciate new and intuitive ideas and suggestions, if something is found to be of immediate value to others and worthy of being incorporated into a trailer build and they are able to do so, they will implement a change immediately, rather than waiting for the new model year to begin.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400