Options

It's snowing. Draining the tank and system.

WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Well, it's a day for draining the tank. The temp is hovering (has been for a couple days) near 30 or so. I haven't been worried about freezing damage as the trailer is plugged into the garage and I have the furnace in the trailer set at 65, but there's no use putting it off. I unplugged, hooked up and backed the trailer downhill, then pulled the drain valve. I'll wait an hour, then pull the filter and drain the pump by running it until it cavitates. I have already drained the hose for the water balloon filler so that's that. I will be heading out to Ft Robinson, Ne. in 3 weeks but I'll carry water in the Jeep as I expect sub-freezing temps there as well.
WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
2017 T@G XL
Boyceville, Wi.

Comments

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Last time (first time) I drain the tank and pump till cavitation last year, I was surprised to see that water was remaining when I unscrew the inner and outer hose from the pump.

• Options

@LuckyJ said:
    Last time (first time) I drain the tank and pump till cavitation last year, I was surprised to see that water was remaining when I unscrew the inner and outer hose from the pump.

Yeah, I always drain the hoses off the pump as a last step. Never get it all though.
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517
    edited October 2018

I put the old girl in the barn yesterday, fed her some oats and hay and put a blanket over her to keep her warm. =)

Clearance height on my 400 is 110" so I had to enlarge the barn opening too last week and that proved to be an interesting and trying project.

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options
    edited October 2018

Mike,
    As the remodeling carpenter said to the homeowner: "No problem! We'll just zip a few inches off with the sawzall...is that a plumbing line?, hmmmm.and some electric wires there...zzzzt,zzzzzt....smoke...and why did they run the phone line through the doorframe?...hmmm...there's a steel I-beam under the trim in that header.....better get a jack....and a welder...." Homeowner leaves to get more bourbon, gaviscon...and money...
    WilliamA

2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Congrats on the 400...Michigan Mike! Triple B is also in her winter resting place...pretty pink cocktail inside her! CHEERS!

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder