Replacing the existing AC unit??

So I was wondering why I haven't seen this done yet. I am considering replacing the stock AC unit with one like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/LG-Electronics-7-500-BTU-115-Volt-Window-Air-Conditioner-with-Cool-Heat-and-Remote-LW8015HR/205588134
I have done ZERO research into this, mind you, but I am thinking SOMEONE had to consider doing this or has actually done this.

Comments

• tagurittagurit Member Posts: 179

I looked for a reverse cycle air conditioner to swap out when we first got our T@G and couldn't find anything close to the stock a/c in size. The LG mentioned is about two and a half inches wider, two inches taller, and eight inches deeper than the Danby.

• MisterbeeMisterbee Member Posts: 23

I just found this, and it looks pretty good. I am going to wait a bit and see if the price comes down: https://www.zerobreeze.com/pages/mark2

• rasras Member Posts: 173

What are you going to connect the heat dissipation pipe to and where will the drain hose go?

RV 2016 T@G 5W
    TV 2019 Outback or 2011 4Runner

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Well, this could be interseting. Did not look deep enough to see the price, but the portable possibility xould be interesting in the T@G. And wonder if the tow pipes could not be run to each cowbells, and tge drain down the vent in the floor.

The T@G unit when it works great is to efficient for the size of the trailer and is hardly practicle to remove if your trip does not rquire AC.

This could also be i teresting for boundocking.

Now, what is the cooling capacity is hard to find. If you bite the bullet let us know how it turns out. 😉

• McNutty195McNutty195 Member Posts: 45

Interesting find Misterbee. I'm not sure that it would really provide enough cooling power though. They actually have a question about it in their FAQ and they pretty well admit that while it will help to cool a space, it doesn't have enough BTU's to actually fight the warming affect of the sun. If someone ends up buying it to try out I'd certainly be interested to hear how it does.

2018 T@G XL Outback edition
    TV: 2021 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition AWD
    Dayton, Ohio

• MisterbeeMisterbee Member Posts: 23

If the price comes down, i would pull the existing unit and see if there is away to send the exhaust out through the existing vents. The drain hole will require more thought. The unit is advertised at 2300 BTU, with a 30-day return policy.

Remind me to revisit this next year...

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@Misterbee said:
    If the price comes down, i would pull the existing unit and see if there is away to send the exhaust out through the existing vents. The drain hole will require more thought. The unit is advertised at 2300 BTU, with a 30-day return policy.
    Remind me to revisit this next year...

You already have a drain hose for the oem AC. I think it would be a fairly easy plug in.