Options

Need Winterization Advice for T@g Max

Need advice on how to winterize my 2016 T@g Max. I’m confused with all the reading I’ve done and the manual. I live near Boise ID and keep my T@g in my garage during the winter. It gets cold but my T@G is garaged throughout the entire winter season. Can someone explain to me exactly what i should do to winterize? I’ve emptied my water tank completely. (pretty sure I have) Do not have access to “blow it out” as I have read in some forums.... Do I add RV antifreeze etc....and if so, how? Please help...very confused. Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Options
    TomDTomD Member Posts: 358

You are in a garage. If the garage is not subject to freezing then you are great. If the garage is subject to freezing then the simple winterizing operations are fine.

Tom
    Aptos, California
    2015 LG Silver Shadow
    2012 Ford Edge Sport TV

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

Just to be safe:
    1.Pull the water line (hand tightened) off your pump inlet where it comes from the tank.
    2. Pull the outlet line off the pump.
    3. Unscrew the filter and let the tiny bit of water out.
    4. Run the pump for a few seconds to blow the water out of the pump.
    5. Unscrew the water line where it goes into the outside shower and drain it off.
    6. Open the sink valve and let the water in the line drain back.
    7. Done.

If you want to be really safe, then unscrew the line where it goes out of the tank and put it in a small container of RV anti-freeze. Run the pump until the water in the sink turns pink. Done.

In short, there's no way to get all of the water out of the lines and valves. All you need to do is make sure there's not enough water in them to hard-freeze and break something. That's most important for the pump and sink valve. There's no need to put anti-freeze in the tank as it tastes awful and will take half a season to get rid of. Just make sure you have as much water out of the tank as possible by tilting the trailer up high and run the pump until it cavitates. It's a small, simple system. The achilles heel is the pump, which will hold enough water to freeze and break if it's not drained or filled with anti-freeze. If you run it until it sputters and blows mostly air, you'll be good for whatever temp for the winter.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    kimmerfnpkimmerfnp Member Posts: 6

Thx for the comments and advice. Really appreciate it.
    Kim

• Options
    MichaelMichael Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2018

WilliamA's 1-7 steps is what I did. There is one other hand tight fitting I remove also. The one that connects to the city water connector. I leave everything disconnected and put baggies with rubber bands over all the fittings so I can to keep bugs and spiders out. 😀

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240
  • Options
    kimmerfnpkimmerfnp Member Posts: 6
  • Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 1

I have a 2018 Outback TAG. I purchased it used but I do not think the sink and outdoor shower were ever used. I can not see any water in it. Should I still put antifreeze in the pump? I saw on youtube where Mandy Lee used cheep vodka because she did not like the chemicals. I am thinking of doing that. Has anyone else done that?

• Options
    csonnicsonni Member Posts: 353
    edited October 2021

@WilliamA said:
    If you want to be really safe, then unscrew the line where it goes out of the tank and put it in a small container of RV anti-freeze. Run the pump until the water in the sink turns pink. Done.WilliamA

Loosened all the connections and let the water drain out. The only part I don't understand is how to get the RV antifreeze into the pump. I'm thinking the line in which the filter resides is the line in which you pour the small amount of antifreeze. That's the line from which city water comes from. Hard to figure out which line actually draws water from the holding tank and it the pump creates a suction to bring the water out.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 635

The pump intake is on the side with the filter. Just follow that hose down to the tank and disconnect it at the tank. Put the end of the hose in a jug of AF and run the pump. If you want to run AF through to the sink, you need to replace the hose on the outlet side, then open the sink tap.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator