Options

Screen door for TAG?

Has NuCamp ever considered an add on screen door for our TAG's? In the summer that would be very beneficial.

Comments

• Options
    mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

Some people have made one and attached it with Velcro. There are photos of several on the T@G owners Facebook page.

2017 T@G Max

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

Part of a problem would be the varying heights that we have our mattresses at...most of us have added memory foam...I had bought the above "magna screen" and industrial Velcro...but wasn't sure I'd like the Velcro there when no screen was there...so alas I have not made it...😀

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    NfallonNfallon Member Posts: 17

What is the T@G owners facebook page? The NuCamp facebook page or a different page? I wandered the same about screens and thought about making some but if they is a better wheel out there I will look into it.

2019 T@G Boondock Edge
    H@lfpint
    2013 BMW X3
    2021 Tahoe Premier

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

@Nfallon said:
    What is the T@G owners facebook page? The NuCamp facebook page or a different page? I wandered the same about screens and thought about making some but if they is a better wheel out there I will look into it.

there's one called T@G you're it!!

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options

@Nfallon ...there is also T@da T@b and T@g camping trailers on FB...good info there too...if you're in a bind on the road...someone can answer your questions immediately...at least that's my experience...more pics there too and no resizing...😀

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@ontheroad said:
    @Nfallon ...there is also T@da T@b and T@g camping trailers on FB...good info there too...if you're in a bind on the road...someone can answer your questions immediately...at least that's my experience...more pics there too and no resizing...😀

Yes, but hard as he.....to find a specific topic when you want to go back to it later.

• Options
    Scotty49Scotty49 Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2019

Photos edited for resizing.

Here are pics of the screen we installed in our 2018 T@G Outback. We initially used Velcro, but subsequently switched to command hooks and grommets for ease of removal and set up. So far they have worked great.
    We modified the screens to fit the shape of the door opening and cut off the bottom edge to conform with our mattress height.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4Z6WD1?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=66QDH4VYZQRY9AHJN56N****

• Options

@Scotty49 ...looks great...still thinking hard about it...great job with the resizing too! @LuckyJ ...screenshots are my friend...😀

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    ShellyShelly Member Posts: 9

Curious to know if anyone out there has ever come across premade T@G door screens, or a design for "DIY" door screens? For those hot southern nights when you don't want to or can't run the AC or roof fan all night, but need a little more ventilation than the two windows provide??
    Thanks all!

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

@Shelly - moved your post to this thread. See above.

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options

Thank you Sharon!! This was my first post in a forum and my first reply....how exciting!! I think this group will be super helpful, so much info in here! Love the ideas on the screen doors, definitely want to try to create something like this before we head to the Smokies later this month.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 633

Just be aware that if you use screening that is very tight, it will limit airflow. Good luck!

Sharon - Westlake, Ohio | 2017 TaB CSS - Forum Administrator

• Options

Good point! I picked up one panel of the Duck brand magnetic door screens today, going to do some experimenting with it.

• Options
    zgfiredudezgfiredude Member Posts: 205

We made an attempt at doing this a couple of week ago.....our experience is as follows:
    You will want a very accurate template of the door opening. You will want to attach the edges via velcro tape to the door jam, not the door face (inner or outer). Then we were quit disappointed in the strength of the magnets (on the cheap Amazon screen we bought. Any self respecting mosquito or fly would possess the strength to separate the halves via the magnetic "closure".

We are going to give it another shot with some "better" screens. We also thought that perhaps a couple of velcro tabs bridging the two halves might offer a bit more resistance to unintentional/unwanted opening.

Just our thoughts on the matter, if you are successful in the not too far distant future, we'll buy a set from you!!

'21 T@G 5w Boondock, 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser B)

• Options
    drsukiedrsukie Member Posts: 47

I wish! My jerk dog tried to leap through the window screen the first time he was introduced to my T@G. So this Fall I will be exploring hard screen alternatives to anchor in place on the inside. Maybe just one door.

Campers: Sue, Pippi, & ObiJuan TV: '23 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE RWD EV... Playtoy: '20 T@G XL Boondock Edge... Home/THOW:1998 Fleetwood Bounder 32K