Is the Extended Warranty worth it?

So after a long 2018 we sold the T@b css for a bigger bed and got us a 2019 T@G XL boondock edge. I pick up this Friday. The only thing I haven't decided on is the extended warranty. They want 1299 for 7 years. I typically don't purchase them but I am considering it for this new one. Anyone have insight or experience either way with them?

Comments

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

We decided not to get the extended warranty when we bought ours in 2017...the t@g is pretty basic and simple to maintain...

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• ChaverimChaverim Member Posts: 90

We weren’t even offered a warranty from our shop. They played games with the paperwork and put on the title that we spent less than it cost.

Mike
    Chaverim Basenjis
    -—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
    2018 T@G Sofitel
    2016 Audi A3 e-tron

• mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 193

No, some require you to also pay an annual fee to have the dealer inspect and service. Add it all up and you’d never have that much in repairs. NuCamp is good on fixing things and you’d know if something was wrong within the regular warranty

2017 T@G Max

• LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

We have decided to go with an extended warranty. I am prty manual, but camper trailer are new to me, and I am scrared of almost every thing structural wise and since we plan on keeping it until it dies (that is past warranty time and when I will not be able ti fix /rebuilt it), we dicedied to get one. 7 years also.

Will it be worth while, time will tell.