Options

Timbren Axle-less suspension

Has anybody tried this on a T@G? Wondering if it would work to reduce bounce going down dirt roads and make the T@G somewhat more off road worthy.

2019 5' wide Boondock Edge w/ factory solar

Comments

• Options
    JoabmcJoabmc Member Posts: 64

I’ve looked into it as well. Will be curious if others have done this to their T@G. There was discussed in another thread and some had different views but airing down some on washboard roads will help. Just my experience coming from the off-road community.

19 T@G XL Boondock Edge
    07 Lexus GX 470

• Options
    TonopahTonopah Member Posts: 33

I am camping right now next to the Verde River (AZ). The dealer had my T@G tires at 45psi and there was a lot of bounce. I lowered them to 35psi and it was better for sure. I run my Jeep Wrangler tires at 30-32 cold and that has always worked fine.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

A while back, I have seen a topic about this (someone didi it) on the little guy forum. Yep, since the T@G used to be distributed under LG, some T@G owners are still on the LG forum. So anyhow, someone did it, but I have never seen any after comments about it.

I do not know any thing about tye Timbren axleless, vut I am not so sure that this is the best solution. This is me, but I am the tupe of guy that what heavy duty components with bearing and brakes, with load adapted suspension. Something like 3500 lbs hubs and bearing, with a 1500 lbs suspension. The hostory I have with such bearings and hubs is more that 60 000 miles of higway, and dirt roads on 34" tires with not even grease maintenance ounce a year and still the same bearing set. Not sure that Timbren allow for this. I know dexter does not unless special order (maybe).

So going with timbren is possible, just remember that the dexter axle axle housing being bolted to the T@G frame act as a cross member. Without it, the frame will loose a lot of intregerty. So you will have to have a cross member built to setup the timbren system.

Perso, I am planning an air bag suspension on ours for this spring. And of course, 11" drum electric brake, with a manual parking brake and 3500lbs bearing. :). Will try to have before and after video and a built tread as well.

• Options
    TonopahTonopah Member Posts: 33

I'm looking into the Timbren 2000 pound option, spindle only, expecting to resuse oem brakes, etc. My T@G is only about 1100 pounds so a Timbren set up at more than 2000 pounds would be too harsh.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@Tonopah said:
    I'm looking into the Timbren 2000 pound option, spindle only, expecting to resuse oem brakes, etc. My T@G is only about 1100 pounds so a Timbren set up at more than 2000 pounds would be too harsh.

I totaly agree with you. But this is where I see an issue for me. I prefer the relaiability of the 3500 lbs hubs and bearing, but would never go with 3500 lbs load springs (or suspension). But I did found something on Tttnt forum that someone was able to get 3000 lbs hub and bearing assembly with 1500lbs suspension for the Timbren. But nothing new about how they like it after a while.