Options

Indoor/Outdoor Carpet in T@G

I am thinking of cutting and placing some indoor/outdoor carpet in my 2018 T@G. I intend to roll it up and remove it when not traveling. This would be to eliminate moisture in and under the carpet. Is there a reason that this would be a bad idea?

Comments

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

Update on indoor/outdoor carpet Modification addition. - It has worked great! Much easier and less painful on knees when moving around, easy to remove for shakeout. and preserves wood floorboards. - Would recommend.

• Options
    LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

@JamesDow said:
    I am thinking of cutting and placing some indoor/outdoor carpet in my 2018 T@G. I intend to roll it up and remove it when not traveling. This would be to eliminate moisture in and under the carpet. Is there a reason that this would be a bad idea?

Hello @JamesDow just got the follow up on your carpet tread, and realized I never so the original.

Now I am puzzeled, cause I have to damit, I do not understand what your intentions are for this carpet.

Luc

• Options
    ClarkGriswoldClarkGriswold Member Posts: 34

Are you using a the mattresses on top of them or is your T@G not functioning as a bed on wheels? Like @LuckyJ I'm very confused.

2019 T@G 5W Boondock Edge
    2008 M-B G500
    Somewhere in the PNW

"Why aren't we flying? Because getting there is half the fun. You know that."

• Options
    BBsGarageBBsGarage Member Posts: 396

I can see it if your a solo traveler and only have the mattress on half of the space.

Bill

2017 T@G Max XL, New Jersey.
    You can drive along 10,000 miles, and still stay where you are.

• Options
    JamesDowJamesDow Member Posts: 632

The indoor/outdoor carpet installed covers the entire floor of the teardrop. (Under the mattresses, which I usually stack when not in tandem use) It is light weight and flexible, so it does not really interfere when accessing the underfloor storage. It has a rubber backing, so it does not slip around, slows down any spills from getting to the wood floor and is semi breathable. If I feel it has become moist, as in camping in the rain, I roll it up when I get home, remove and let it dry out completely. Really easy. I makes moving about in the camper much easier form me and my wife. Small rocks, etc. do not get to the floor to scratch it up. Costco sells some for about $19, 6x9 #1208027 made by Foss, which weighs 5lb 1oz. I highly recommend.