Options

Paying the maintenance Piper....Post-trip maintenance and upgrades

2»

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

I finally got around to rewiring my fender clearance lights. No, really this time. I pulled both lights and traced the wiring harness up to the junction box. I found 3 butt connectors that had corroded inside the harness and replaced them, then ran new wire out from the junctions at the axle for both sides. I put new lights on the fenders which are bigger and brighter than the old ones. IMO they look nicer too. Looking in the Jeep mirror as I go down the road, I can tell at a glance if the lights are working. It's a bet that if the clearance lights are on, so are the taillights.

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

First day out and about for any distance with "Chuck" (wagon). K and I went out for a day-camp today and did about a hundred miles with two stops for coffee and donuts, then lunch later. We had a great time and explored 2 nearby campgrounds that I'd not been to before. Did some day-use camping and used the stove. I filled, treated, drained and refilled the water tank yesterday and ran the pump, which worked fine as soon as I sparked it up. All is good with the wagon. I'm convinced more than ever that running without the roof rack saves big in the fuel department. It's seat of the pants, but I think more examination will bear that out to be true. Big difference.

Everything stayed in place and more important, all worked when we got back to the ranch this afternoon. Camping in less than 2 weeks!

Yah...
    WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.