Options

My turn to do it again! :)

LuckyJLuckyJ Member Posts: 1,240

Hello to all! Some will know me from the other two forum from the Little guy and the T@B forum, but for other, I will be like a new kid ( well, a 47 yr old kido) that enjoy road travel and camping adventures, on and off road (see here as overlanding)

We are french canadian (that will explain some of the syntax and speling mistake I will do), that lives in Les Escoumins Quebec, loves the outdoor, all four seasons, see here very cold and snowy winters (up to 26 feet of snow per winter) and summer that are no too warm. And prefer to travel/camp in the spring and fall, cause less bugs and less people on the roads. :). We love dogs, and travel when possible with my 85 lbs Alaskan malamuth 5 1/2 yrs old female.

So here I go.

The name is Luc, I'm a Paramedic came up to the Tear drop trailer world last may, when me and my GF Rachel who is a social worker, drove past an RV dealer near Quebec city and we were hook! Had to stop, and only couple weeks after, we pulled the trigger. We purchase a 2017 T@G Max Outback edition. I fell in love with the overall look, the bigger tires and fenders, the front aluminium cargo rack and tong box, she fell in love with the bed and kitchen area and the possibility of quick set-up cause we have a tendancy to move every day.

The main TV is a 2005 jeep wrangler LJ with manual transmission, secondary TV will be a 2005 Nissan X-Trail (that is Canada only or europeen) also manual and 4wd (once I reorder the drive shaft later this fall it is front wd).

We wanted the regular width T@G cause it will better follow the jeep when in the back and FS road (we have thousands of kms just a begins just a few km north of us) and did not care for the microwave and king size bed. The TD and jeep body are within less than an in difference.

I will rezise some pics and post them here.

I am not the type the leave well enough alone, so you will be able to see some of the mods I already made and others that will come under the project name "Le Refuge" as in mountain refuge. Yep, we also love hikking.

So, hope to read more of you guys and what inspire you all, and be sure, that all ideas are welcomes and you will be surprise that any small or big ideas will inspires all of us. B)B)

Comments

• Options
    BrianBrian Member Posts: 26

Welcome!

Brian & Lisa
    North Georgia
    2017 T@G Max XL / 2011 Kia Sorento

• Options
    memphiahnmemphiahn Member Posts: 39

Great to know you more and better, @LuckyJ!

• Options

Thank you guys!

So here are some pics.

This is the crusty side to my HD off road set-up. That I still own and the trailer is not dedicated for travel. It is realy a do it all trailer, so set-up time when traveling involves plastic bins, tables, and bags. Something my GF was not that impress with. But still something that I do not worry about in hard off road or exploring old forest service road. And please do not worry about this, since we are talking here of wash out culvert, and forest service road that are on public land that was litteraly torn appart and left alone by logging companies until they will have to rebuilt them like 35 years from now to start cutting trees again. And btw, we are not alowed here in quebec to cross a stream or a river that does not have a culbert or a bridge. Even in an emergencie situation.

So here it is.

Now the T@G ready for the Nova Scotia trip about three weeks ago and in Meat Cove NS up on the top of the cliff (Yep, about an 80 ft cliff behind that bush.) great spot at the Meat Cove campground. :)

• Options

Please Mike, tell me I am good with pic size this time! :)

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 191

welcome LuckyJ...a few of pop up every now and again...we're from Ontario and we got the 2017 T@G MAX XL...LOVE the KING size bed...she tracks very well behind our tv..although I had said the microwave wasn't important it has been used every trip...I've even been persuaded to make a first day travel meal at home to take on the road so we can rest easy that night by just reheating it...works out great!

2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    Former owner of 2017 T@G MAX XL
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

@LuckyJ said:
    Please Mike, tell me I am good with pic size this time! :)

Well Luc, you did good on the smaller photos of your dog and the side of the trailer...... But.... The coastal ocean shot of the trailer (beautiful shot indeed!) and campsite is waaaaaay too large (well over 2000 pixels wide) and exceed the size we are looking for.

But I will give you credit and applaud you for being aware that we do need people to re-size photos posted to the forum and not merely uploading them from smart phones and devices before taking the time to re-size them. We certainly understand that this takes time, it irritates and makes some people angry, but since the Vanilla platform doesn't automatically do it for us we do need people to make the effort and re-size all photos before adding them into postings. We also will continue to find a better alternative and are working with the web site developer/owner to resolve this issue.

Thanks for caring my friend as it is much appreciated and does help others with limited Internet capabilities!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400

• Options

Ok, for those of you that were on the T@B forum before this one, might rememberthat I had some issues with my 2017 (bought new in june 17) T@G outback edition. One of them was that the tire had rubbed against the TD wall and that when I did show this to my dealer, they told me that it was probably the use I was doing with it, that the type of suspension with the rubber sleeves were bending under load, changing the allignment and the rotation axe of the hub and wheel, that I could install some spacers.

I also asked them about the frame recal, and they told me I was fine.

Lately, after coming back from a 4000 km trip to Cape Breton Island Nova-Scotia, I got in touch with them because the screen on the stargasing window was broken. They told me that they could not look at it until next spring, but I could not understand why. Well I found out a couple weeks after, when I took the time to send them pictures of the broken screen. They did not wanted me to show up, well the lest I could do was to send a pic to the warranty dep. Well I found out why they did not wanted me to show up and why they woukd only fix it in the spring.

They are closed for the Winter and will only re open in march. Duh! They were in a hurry to sell me the trailer, but they never mentionned that my warranty would only be good 8 months out of the year. In y mine, a minimum creww woukd be perfect to make repairs and up grade.

Any how, I just wanted to mentionned that I did decide to get in touch with NuCamp, and they came right back at me. They offered to send the screen/shade assembly to me, they new about the rubbing issue, first production run of the T@G outback, they offered to send me the spacers and they told me that my frame was indeed under the recall / technical bulletin.

Thank you NuCamp. I think I will need a litte chatt time with my dealer in the spring. I do not think that they were willing to take the time to contact NuCamp to get info on the brand new line of trailer they befan seling. They did told me that they do not know much about them yet. Duh!

Again hats off to NuCamp and I realized that I will have to verify the says of my dealer with NuCamp when I have issues.

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 517

Good info Luc and you did the right thing by contacting your dealer first, then contacting NüCamp when the dealer wasn't able to quickly and efficiently resolve the original problems.

Thanks for sharing this and hope things work out to your complete satisfaction!

Michigan Mike
    Linden, Mi
    2019 T@B 400