Options

Hello, moving over from the T@b forum

cploegcploeg Member Posts: 6

Hi, I introduced myself in the T@b forum because I really, really want a lovely T@b Boondock Edge I found not too far away. However, with a Mazda CX-7, I'm very limited in towing capacity. I almost had my hubby convinced to trade up his Mini for a Jeep, but no joy. So now I'm looking at the T@g instead. Frankly, I'm likely to be using it solo most of the time, especially if my spouse can't stand up inside. I travel for art, and really wanted a dinette with a table for raining days painting inside. But I'm trying to figure out if I can make a T@g work for me, because I really like the Nucamp quality and simplicity. I look forward to reading up on the T@g.

Comments

• Options
    WilliamAWilliamA Member Posts: 1,311

That's the "you can't have it all" part of teardropping. Big trailer, small trailer. As and artist and designer who uses his trailer for camping and rainy day art projects (I do pen and ink myself) I think you'll find that there is "enough" space in a T@G for that sort of thing. It's a matter of taking the space and making it work for what you are doing. As with all compromises, the upside is that you may find that you use your trailer much more simply because it's much easier for one person to do with a smaller trailer. Not to say it can't be done (right, Verna?) but for the weekender, it's easier. If I were a betting man (I'm not) I'd say that were you to get a T@G and try it out, you'd find that there is room for your art within. I have come "up" to the larger T@G from a 5 wide Little Guy trailer and still pine for the tiny footprint it had, but I must admit that once I'm camped, the larger space of the 6 wide T@G XL seems more than twice as big as the smaller trailer.

There's my 2 cents worth.

And as my hero, Teddy Roosevelt used to say:
    "Do what you can
    with what you have
    where you are"

WilliamA

"When I am in charge, Starburst brand fruit chews will get their own food group....and where are all the freakin laser beams? There should be more laser beams..."

2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
    2017 T@G XL
    Boyceville, Wi.